My latest Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little Ross Convertible was a $10 thrift store find. New wheels and tires and a lot of cleaning and polishing and it made a nice little bike for my 7 year old Grandson.

Before
P1040071.jpg

P1040072.jpg

P1040075.jpg

After
P4100304.jpg

P4100306.jpg

P4100305.jpg

I know Ive already told you but Great job!

For those of you who do not know, this is my grandfather. He built it for my little cousin Brayden. He spent many hours getting this thing just right and it turned out great. I had a lot of fun test riding it too :wink:

Basti,
You would be more than welcome to have it but "Double Nickel" has already grabbed it for one of his builds.
Don

Awesome bike! Being a grandpa myself, I can't tell you how much fun it is (for me) restoring something old (like me) for a young person to enjoy. He will be the only kid on the block, if not the whole town with one like it. That's also how you pass on the bicycle bug! Great job! 8)

pick said:
Awesome bike! Being a grandpa myself, I can't tell you how much fun it is (for me) restoring something old (like me) for a young person to enjoy. He will be the only kid on the block, if not the whole town with one like it. That's also how you pass on the bicycle bug! Great job! 8)
Brayden will definitely enjoy this bike. I was there when He and my grandfather (Donone) first started taking it apart. He was learning about tools and how to use them in the process. That will mean alot to him and maybe he could save it and pass it on to his kids or even grandkids. Who knows...

[/quote]
Brayden will definitely enjoy this bike. I was there when He and my grandfather (Donone) first started taking it apart. He was learning about tools and how to use them in the process. That will mean alot to him and maybe he could save it and pass it on to his kids or even grandkids. Who knows...[/quote]

right on bro! those are memories that will never be forgotten! We all have them. Besides we all know the quote "If nobody says yes, ask grandpa!" :lol: 8)

I want to do fun stuff like that when I am a grandpa (probably within 5 years). I initially thought you had added the tank but it looks original under closer inspection.

wheelbender6 said:
I want to do fun stuff like that when I am a grandpa (probably within 5 years). I initially thought you had added the tank but it looks original under closer inspection.
Yes hes a great grandfather. This was the original tank. Its a ross convertable. The tank comes off to convert to a girls bike.

Latest posts

Back