My mysterius CWC build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress has been slow lately, in the last couple of days I rebuilt my hubs and and polished my rims; just waiting on spokes though. I did get my forks painted and got the chrome as polished as I could. also did notice today, While finally getting my peddles ( they where still wrapped up ) I noticed they were made of wood! haha....
everything should be ready to go tomorrow, all i will be waiting are grips and spokes.

sdJOE86 said:
Not much was done today, i did some more cleaning on my hubs and just went back and forth with what paint and what fork I want to use. I have decided to go with the beehive springer instead of the truss rods. I also decided to use a tannish krylon color called metallic latte. I just need to figure out how I am going to 2tone the fork. Here is a sort of sneak peak of what it will look like. Also, does anyone know how I can figure out what size spokes I need? thanks
_joe

I'm loving this build so far. Very nice color combos, and i like that frame. You can try any of the popular spoke calculators; i like the EDD one at http://lenni.info/edd/. Whenever I use it, I measure the hub flanges and center to left/right flange myself, and find out the effective rim diameter (ERD) from other sources, as there are differing methods on how to measure ERD yourself. Generally, if the figure the calculator gives you is in decimals, or if the spokes you're using only come in even sizes and the calc gives you something odd, round UP to the nearest spoke. (There are some exceptions.)

Ask on here; i'll bet someone can give you the ERD of those s2 rims.

good luck
rob

Bicycle808 said:
sdJOE86 said:
Not much was done today, i did some more cleaning on my hubs and just went back and forth with what paint and what fork I want to use. I have decided to go with the beehive springer instead of the truss rods. I also decided to use a tannish krylon color called metallic latte. I just need to figure out how I am going to 2tone the fork. Here is a sort of sneak peak of what it will look like. Also, does anyone know how I can figure out what size spokes I need? thanks
_joe

I'm loving this build so far. Very nice color combos, and i like that frame. You can try any of the popular spoke calculators; i like the EDD one at http://lenni.info/edd/. Whenever I use it, I measure the hub flanges and center to left/right flange myself, and find out the effective rim diameter (ERD) from other sources, as there are differing methods on how to measure ERD yourself. Generally, if the figure the calculator gives you is in decimals, or if the spokes you're using only come in even sizes and the calc gives you something odd, round UP to the nearest spoke. (There are some exceptions.)

Ask on here; i'll bet someone can give you the ERD of those s2 rims.

good luck
rob

Thanks for the kind words and info man. I actually found that sight this morning and found out my spoke size. I shoul have my wheels laced and trued by tomorrow! cant wait to take it for its first cruise.

I got all my bearings cleaned and greased today! I assembled everything up, just not so sure about the springer though... I also painted the original forks with the truss rods the same color scheme so I might throw them tomorrow to see how I like them. Here are some pics of todays minimal progress...

Thanks guys.
I made some minor progress this weekend. I painted my rims and FINALLY got my spokes. I just finished lacing them up but still have to true them, I got lazy so I'll just get that done tomorrow morning. I also picked up some handlebar tape since I will not be reusing the coke bottle grips that came with the bike. The bike should be done in a couple of days, I really cant wait to take it for its "first" cruise
Here is a pic of the setup.

AS a nooob here with no artistic bone in my body it amazes me the vision you guys have for your builds.

Not sure i could have ever seen it thru the vommit green.

That bike looks great!

PS: For cheap gunk / grease removal (standard from the pump for the portable heater) Kerosene in a normal around the house plastic spray bottle. Kero is a strong petro based solvent that will leave the surface dry and looking oil free. Diesel is similar but will will give a light protective rust proof surface coating of oil.

Dude, I've been following your build...I'm a HUGE fan of the "Mysterious CWC"...can't wait to see it finished!

buckchocolate said:
Dude, I've been following your build...I'm a HUGE fan of the "Mysterious CWC"...can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks man, I really have been lagging on it though!
I just have a few small things here and there to do.
I am thinking of re doing my fork.

Latest posts

Back