My new 5+pound Baby Blue bundle of Joy!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I just thought everyone might like to see the newest member of the (bike) family here, all wrapped up in a blankie, just came home yesterday, so fresh and new, he's gonna grow and gain some weight soon, and be big and strong and ready to take on the world before long....
P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

This is one of the '07 Se Racing looptail Quadangle frames they released this year, one of 250 made, #88, I have ALWAYS wanted a Quadangle, and this one is pretty nice in SE blue, with modern longer geometry and mounts for better brakes.
Some people might say it is silly for a 42 year old guy to be excited about a new BMX frame, but I can't wait to build it up and ride it around...
P1010025-1.jpg

P1010029.jpg

This is gonna get built up with some vintage looking, but new or gently used parts, nothing fancy, no "NOS" or super expensive stuff, gonna be parts I am not afraid to ride, and jump, and crash....

Sweeeeeeet :D :D :D :D

SE's were always considered an "A" list ride back in my BMX days. Today they seem to be a company that really values their history, and the people who made that history.

Now go build that baby up and ride it!

-Mp

I'm sure Clothespin will spot this thread from a mile away :mrgreen:

WILD FRAME! I thaught it was a baby when i read the writing haahaha!

Those photos did make me laugh.

All that was missing was a shot of you feeding it some Phil Wood from a bottle. :wink:

Did you give it it's first bath? Watch out, it'll be up and rolling circles around you, giving you a run for your money before you know it.

I like the way the frame bends and cirsscrosses itself. It should look pretty good built up.

Hey all, updated pics, got this thing built this weekend, rode it about 25 miles on Saturday and Sunday, it has a few details left to do, but it's done enough to ride for now....
P1010016.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

I also found a matching pair of Vans for this ride, I ordered these from Zappos.com on Saturday, they were here Monday!!! They are a nice SE brown, with baby blue piping, laces, and the coolest part to me is, the bottom waffle tread is baby blue!!
P1010022-2.jpg

P1010020.jpg

I realize it's not a rat, but I love it, and SE was my first "good" bike, and I always wanted a Quadangle, so it's kind of a full circle thing for me, plus it's the 30th anniversary of SE Racing.....

Thanks Kev, most of the parts off it are from an FMF complete bike I parted out, I went with a "new" style build, rather than retro, it has a crankset that has a modern Isis drive BB, and some pretty light and trick wheels, I am not real fond of the radial laced front wheel, but I might leave it.... BTW If anyone needs a cheap awsome FMF race frame and fork, I got one....

The FMF sounds cool..
but I'm on my way out the door as we speak
to swing a deal on a 24 inch Cruiser BMX

It's a Hand Built "BADD" with Carbon Fibre Forks.

so after reading this Post..
I'm even more excited to put that BADD under my but :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hope this guys home and excepts my offer! :D

Clothespin "n" said:
Jump Back!
that is Beautiful..

I can almost feel what it's like to ride it! :wink:

as all know,
"BMX-in" runs heavy in my Veins,
that is a BEAUTIFUL Build up,

I'm Impressed,
Kev.

^^^ what he said ^^^

It's a beauty! Retro-cool with new school rideability. The matching Vans are a great bonus too.

-Mp

I love the matching Vans myself, I have been wearing Vans since about 1978 or so, used to make my mom drive me to scary Minneapolis to the "Alt" to get em, I believe I have about 8 pair of them here somewhere, some are 15 years old.....

I bought the brown Sella Italia seat at a garage sale for ONE DOLLAR about 6 years ago, been saving it "just in case" a project came along for it... guess this was it.....

That is awesome! The brown seat and the big and little tires are perfect. Nice blend of old and new school. DC shoes has a PK RIPPER shoe out, I haven't seen one yet but you might have better luck. Awesome bike. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back