MY NEW BIKE BETTER PHOTOS ADDED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mybike1.jpg

Hope the photo posts. Never posted one before. Never built a bike either for that matter. No build photos unfortunately. Main frame is an upside down Huffy frame. Frankensteined in are about 3 other bikes. Along with some conduit.

Re: My new bike

Sorry the pics so small. Cant figure how to make it bigger. Used photo bucket. And the pics from my cell. Need camera batteries :roll: I'll post some better pics when I get some batteries.The bike in this pic is where it all started. Saw it at a Good Guys show in Bowling Green KY. 1st Nastalgia drag series.
fattirebike.jpg

Looks sweet, what I can see. I'm old and can't see small stuff. I can't wait for more, larger pics.

yes! larger pics!

from what i can see...

that whitewall tire looks huge and the saddle is made of metal? looks great. is the red thing a gas tank or a rolled up sleeping bag or something???

cool bike.

how much does it weigh?

The rear tire is a 15" from an old ford pickup. So it's pretty heavy. It actually is very easy to peddle the way it's geared. The red thing is the original Huffy tank and light. There are no guts in it. I plan to add a light later. Originally had a shifter in the tank I believe. When I got it all it had was the tank shell, bars, and frame. No seat, crank, tires, chain. I still have no brakes. Not sure if I'm gonna add them or not. I would like to make an old Radio Flyer style trailer to pull though. So I could pull a cooler, pinstriping kit or something of the like. I'm considering painting the tank black leaving the light red and striping the tank red and white with the rest of the bike. Not a great striper but I'm learning.

a front disc brake would be cool. that bike is sick. larger better pictures please.

taylor2071.jpg
taylor2072.jpg
taylor2073.jpg
taylor2074.jpg
taylor2075.jpg
taylor2076.jpg
taylor2077.jpg
taylor2078.jpg
taylor2079.jpg
taylor2080.jpg
taylor2081.jpg
taylor2082.jpg
taylor2069.jpg

Much better photos. Any ideas for a seat pad? I also am considering some more ape hanger style bars. The tire is painted with Kilz if anyone is curious. I'd like to add a white wall tire to the front also. And maybe buy a real whitewall for the rear. But I have no money. That's why rat rods started in the first place right? Guys with no money wanting to build a kool car to have fun with. Spent about $30 on this build including paint and welding wire. Plus gas to drive to my dads house since I have no welder yet :cry: .Left all welds rough except on the seat (ouch) And yes that's my beer holder :p . If your a rat rod guy and or a rockabilly guy like me you gotta have PBR BABY! http://www.rockabillyfever.com/david

It's amazing what some people can make for a few pennies with a pile of metal and some inspiration. I love the lines of it, the jack-shaft treatment, nice job Sir.

I'm diggin' it BIG TIME!

(note to self-build something like this)

And a Pabst man too!

RED rims,WHITE walls and BLUE Ribbon Beer!

now thats what i'm talking about. originality and if i had access to a welder, it would be on. very cool. looks like a 26x 1.75 or so tire up front and a ford moter company 15" x ... 8" rear.

How do you stop it? A video on you tube will be great riding it.

Thanks for the feedback. So far I just stop flinstone style. :lol: I've thought of a few different brake options, but haven't really tried anything yet. I'm thinking some type of suicide looking design (tall rat finkish look), with a plate to drag on the tread part of the tire. Pull (or push) the lever and create the drag effect. Not sure how well it would work. It would be for looks more than anything. I don't mind flinstoneing it. I tried the YouTube thing once with something else. Never could figure how to post the video. Guess I'll have to get the old lady to video my big butt riding this and try again. It's actually very comfortable and easy to ride. Except the metal seat is a little hard on the tail bone. A few friends have tried to ride it and they all get pretty wobbly trying to steer. I guess the long front end is a little tricky to get the hang of. I don't have any problems with it. Then again I built it specifically for me. If your 6' or taller you shouldn't have any problems. By the way I built it in about a week and a half. Not working at the moment. So this was my project.

You could use a coasterbrake hub instead of a freewheel hub where your "jackshaft" is (assuming that the wheel sprocket is fixed). That would give you a brake.

Latest posts

Back