my new place to work on my rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone remembers my apartment in connecticut... my kitchen was where I worked on bikes. it was less than ideal. also I lived on the second floor.

RoadMaster Diesel: tryin on some new shoes. by Joey Mac, on Flickr

but about 6 months ago I moved in here in Austin TX. my new apartment has a garage door for a wall.

from inside my apartment by Joey Mac, on Flickr

much better in my opinion. this was the first time I actually got around to working on bikes here and the whole experience was much better than I remember it being back in the kitchen.

my apartment opened up by Joey Mac, on Flickr

bikes spilled out onto the patio.

most of these are for sale, by the way. I had tried posting in "FOR SALE" but I guess I broke some rule because my post was deleted. I haven't been around in a while and I guess I don't know how it works around here any more. I hope this post doesn't get deleted too...

Flightliner at dusk by Joey Mac, on Flickr

Sweet set up Joey!

Your ad probably got nuked due to lack of prices (I'm assuming here).

We've had to start enforcing the rules because the For Sale section is getting to be so busy.

Glad you're enjoying the Lone Star State these days. :wink:

that really is a nice set up joey! 8) i thought you sold most of your bikes, but i can see some of my favorites are still around. i still remember the extra room you had that was wall to wall spaceliners! :lol: get your stuff in order,cause its 2 months till build off time,and we need more veteran builders back in the show.

JoeyMac said:
but about 6 months ago I moved in here in Austin TX. my new apartment has a garage door for a wall.

i love that. does anyone remember a really old detective show, i think it was called "vegas"? where the guy pulled his 'vette right into his apartment/house or whatever it was? now thinking on it i guess you'd have to deal with fumes and possible leaks on the floor, but i always thought that was the neatest thing.

Man that is a real change in culture from where you were to Austin Texas. I have never seen an apartment with a garage door. Must be some new deal for those guys that really love their cars. Although I have had a motorcycle in my living room at several times in my life. Glad you found a spot. :wink:

Didn't Dan Tanna live in a warehouse, with his living quarter built inside? I think he had a little "yard" with astro-turf grass and a white picket fence? I always thought that was a cool way to live too.

Hey Joey, new place is awesome! :mrgreen: Glad your enjoying Texas :wink: Where's the snow? :lol:

Ha, I don't think you could fit a thunderbird in my apartment. It's actually classified as a "live/work" space. There's at least two apartments like this in my block that are actual businesses and not living spaces. It's basically loft-style with polished concrete floors. I've also got my drums set up in here. :)

JoeyMac said:
Ha, I don't think you could fit a thunderbird in my apartment. It's actually classified as a "live/work" space. There's at least two apartments like this in my block that are actual businesses and not living spaces. It's basically loft-style with polished concrete floors. I've also got my drums set up in here. :)

Sounds like cool digs.

Latest posts

Back