My new Swapmeet cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So my original Fatbike project got sidelined for a while so I started on this Frame I had sitting around for a while, It started out with a used rear end I picked up afew months back.
fattrike1.jpg

I went thru afew rear end ideas and set ups
fattrike2.jpg

Version 1 with a drum brake 7 speed rear end
fattrike4.jpg

Disc brake conversion started
fattrike3.jpg

Here's the final rear set up, single speed 24 tooth (I think) hydro brakes front and rear
fattrike5.jpg

fattrike6.jpg

Last edited:
Also yes the caliper was ground down a little trying to get the 7 speed to work but single speed will be fine for its purpose

I swapped out the cranks for one with a smaller chain ring, It wont be fast but it will pull anything now. Top speed of about 10 to 15 kph is more than enough for what I have planed now I just have to sort out a park brake with the hydro brakes

Started building the wiring harness for the trike, Fully Fused 12v LED system. Very Bright and I will start on the trailer harness when I get it back in my yard

A pic of the wiring set up for anyone interested, I still have to mount the switch somewhere external tho
trikewires.jpg

Also I have to decide between 2 lights
trikelights.jpg

Left is a 5" motorbike one and right is a LED light bar? Whats everyone think?

Mocked up the lights today while I'm waiting on my next ebay shipment
trikel1.jpg
trikel2.jpg
trikel3.jpg

I just used some fender washers and some 5mm rod to mock up where I want the headlight so I can make a better looking mount alot easier and it still has alot of movement to fine tune. And yes I know my seats on crooked :)

Latest posts

Back