MY NEW VW BUS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well...one can always dream. :lol:

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0004-4.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

My dad bought the first VW bug around our area. It was either a '58 or '59. The family doc in our small town who was my dads shooting buddy had 2 VW buses at the time. Doc Urbas was from Austria and always had German cars. I can remember going with them in the bus and shooting varmints out the window of the bus. They had 4 or 5 varmint rifles laid out in the back on the floor...with no cases, of course. It was my job to hand up the different rifles when they got ready to shoot. I was 5 or 6 at the time. It was a lot different then. If you got caught today with 5 rifles without cases or caught shooting out the window of a car you'd probably go to jail. Back then, doc never worried because doctors always got a pass with cops. No cop ever wanted to go in a hospital wounded and look up at the doc he hassled. :shock: Hadn't thought about that stuff for years. Thanks for the VW bus pics. :wink: Gary

My dad taught me drive in his red and white VW bus. When I got my license he offered to give it to me but it was the 80's and VW's weren't as popular as they are now. The footbal team used to jump me everyday because I rode a skateboard to school so I decided not to give them another reason. Besides it was easier to swing a skateboard in self defense. I do miss that VW bus though.

my parents had a 21 window transporter. first car I ever steered while sitting on my Dad's lap:

SF_Transporter_494.jpg

Steve yooose 1 funny guy, hey buy another one and you'll have roller skates!!

That was what we rolled in on the way to the skatepark back in the day my buddy (aka known as twigmund ) used to have a 66 that was brown with the gold for the stripe with the wheel adapters so he could run the fat cragers and wheel flares it was even the camper edition. Good times!

my fave is the guys who get rid of the reduction boxes to lower them but keep the gearing the same then wonder why their stock 1600 single port wont push the bus past 50 anymore? but there is nothing cooler than a split screen bus well until you drive one on a highway and a good stiff side wind hits you :shock:

WE Have A Winner !!

Mr Markum has now won The Golden Nonsence Award

Congrats !!

this has been on our refrigerator for years.....

vwsticker.jpg

Latest posts

Back