My other 2 wheel project...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
She is a 73 Suzuki GT380.

Soon to be cafe racer. I've been working on it since last winter. Other things always seem to get in the way. Hopefully I'll have her on the road by next spring.

421184_3204406282181_1383542973_n.jpg

and my mini truck...a lot of years in the making. May finish it some day.

4321_1094313771187_8271375_n.jpg

Older projects long since sold...I had a thing for Datsuns. I hope to own another one some day but they are few and far between in the midwest.

4321_1094316611258_3113292_n.jpg

4321_1094316531256_4792417_n.jpg

Here is my 1973 honda 175. Almost finished and other projects got it the way. Like your start. Wish you luck
DSCF0003-29.jpg

Then this got in the way
Untitled.jpg

Very cool! I like the smaller British and Japanese bikes turned into cafe racers. I saw a Suzuki GT250 or 250GT recently that I thought would be a fun one to do.

Chips_Mahoy said:
Very cool! I like the smaller British and Japanese bikes turned into cafe racers. I saw a Suzuki GT250 or 250GT recently that I thought would be a fun one to do.

The GT250's are cool. A little small...but cool. I kind of wish I had gone with one because they are twins. My triple is a pain in the butt. I think it will be worth it in the end.

Uncle Stretch said:
Here is my 1973 honda 175. Almost finished and other projects got it the way. Like your start. Wish you luck
DSCF0003-29.jpg

Then this got in the way
Untitled.jpg

I like the paited toaster tank and the CL pipes. What are your plans with the Ute?

Fat Willy said:
Chips_Mahoy said:

The GT250's are cool. A little small...but cool. I kind of wish I had gone with one because they are twins. My triple is a pain in the butt. I think it will be worth it in the end.

I'm not real big and don't know anything about them. It would serve my purpose tho..... 8)

I like the paited toaster tank and the CL pipes. What are your plans with the Ute?[/quote]

Yeah I wanted one of the ducatti tanks but they come up very rarely on ebay. This one was
cheaper and just took some bondo work.
The econoline is just a way to spend some money. I wanted to do a small block chevy and auto
but the space is limited , plus working on an install in the center of the cab it terrible. Just going
to leave it stock and irritate people. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
I like the paited toaster tank and the CL pipes. What are your plans with the Ute?

Yeah I wanted one of the ducatti tanks but they come up very rarely on ebay. This one was
The econoline is just a way to spend some money. I wanted to do a small block chevy and auto
but the space is limited , plus working on an install in the center of the cab it terrible. Just going
to leave it stock and irritate people. :lol:[/quote]

LOL! My buddy's shop put airbags on one a few years ago. It turned out pretty cool. He couldnt run very big rims in the front though. I am pretty sure, if memory serves he had 18's in the front and 20's in the rear.

Uncle Stretch said:

to leave it stock and irritate people. :lol:[/quote]

I've wanted to use an older giant BMW tank for years on a smaller cc Honda. maybe some day. A guy down the street from me has a CB175 that I have been bugging him about for a while. I hope that pans out soon.

Uncle Stretch said:
Then this got in the way
Untitled.jpg

I see one for sale in my neck of the woods..I might go look at it.. Got to love the old econolines ..

Latest posts

Back