My random finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2357.jpeg

The other frame that I saw in photos and wanted. Gambles badge. Decided to strip all these in the garage so I could use power and cutting tools

View attachment 246112View attachment 246113Stow and go to the rescue. I thought this ad was a scam at first because it was 13 bikes for less then I paid for most frames and the photo sucked. I decided to make the hour drive anyway for the two guys frames they had pictured. Was a fantastic deal and a nice guy. 13 bikes in a minivan! View attachment 246114Huffy of some year I’m going to try and sell before I part it out View attachment 246115tandem frame someone had stripped. View attachment 246116Schwinn 3 speed that ended up having a cracked BB and is now scrap piled View attachment 246117single speed Schwinn. View attachment 246118The only lady’s frame I saved. View attachment 246119Firestone I think is huffy built? View attachment 246120Girls frame of some sort I saved the forks out of. View attachment 246121Randoms guys Schwinn that is now in the frame pile. View attachment 246122The Murray built frame that I made the drive for. Also I think I’m in for mbbo now. View attachment 246123Probably the saddest one in the scrap pile. Read triangle had rusted inside and split. View attachment 246124How I spent my afternoon, still have the red huffy and blue firestone to break down if they don’t sell. Overall eventful day.

Just realized I forgot to post the Hiawatha
Score

Love that Firestone!!

Tore the Murray apart tonight and what is this monstrosity of a seat
IMG_2406.jpeg
😂😂
IMG_2407.jpeg
I tear them down for easier storage and so non used/saved stuff can go in the scrap pile. In 2 weeks I ended up with 20 more bikes. Some are saved for projects, some are up for sale and some are headed for the scrap yard because I’m out of space 😂

I’ve been holding onto a crusty monark frame for the summer build. Needed a fork and today at Easter my father in law told me his neighbor gave him a bike to sell in exchange for cleaning the shed.

It’s missing half the tank and a woman’s bike but I may feel bad parting this one out.
IMG_4921.jpeg
IMG_4919.jpeg
IMG_4923.jpeg
This hub is wild looking. Bike still rides

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Great thread! Just read the entire thing. You are a collector not a hoarder and I encourage everything going on here.

Although I think it would be a sin to part out the latest jc Higgins ladies bike.

Went and bought some cheap forks today. Couple of cheap back wheels
IMG_4948.jpeg
IMG_4947.jpeg

Picked up the half of tank
IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4952.jpeg
Came home and my son had went and picked these 2 up for me. My wife’s grandparents bikes. He passed away and she wanted them gone. The ladies bike was 1 owner.
IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4951.jpeg

Not time for sentimental attachment this time
IMG_4955.jpeg

So it was a solid parts day as a guy who swears he doesn’t need to buy anymore bikes to build. Selling bikes is a pain and I don’t need more 😂
IMG_4953.jpeg

I’m ready for the next build off now. Actually while parting bikes out today I think my entire build off plan just changed from strandy to tetanus

Latest posts

Back