My re-intro, almost a year in.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 50, and when I found this place I was only into vintage BMX (I've got a ' 79 Mongoose with motomags that I've had since high school and a '76 Yamaha Moto-Bike).
Then I came here... and as a guy way into Rat Rod cars and hot rods/cruisers, it was a natural that I'd change my bike interests.
Now I've got a Dyno Roadster stretch that I've been customizing even though I bought it as a fairly expensive mint original (hey, it was the ONLY one I could find outside of SoCal, and I had to drive 6 hours to get this one!) and a Mongoose 26 x 4" fat-tire Dolomite I bought mainly as an organ donor.
I'm finding myself wanting something '30s-'50s to build as a hot rod/cruiser. I'm a little different in my approach, I don't care about running original parts of any kind, I just want a genuine early cool looking frame, that I'll probably modify. Basically the same as street rod car builders do with real-steel early Ford bodies.
I seem pretty much on my own up here in the Seattle area. When I take my Dyno out on the bike paths, I'm the ONLY one on a cruiser. Everyone else is on a mountain bike or some high tech road bike. I guess I don't really care about actually getting anywhere, all I have to do is keep up with my wife on her Torker trike, and she goes so slow I have trouble balancing. And I keep eying that trike... she doesn't want it cruiser-ed out, but I did put some 24x2.4s on it and a 5-speed hub. Its gonna end up lower and longer at some point, I just won't ask first! Honestly I just like the bikes themselves a lot more that I care about actually riding them.

I do not recommend this joint to any hot rod types who don't need more projects cluttering up their garages and more piles of junk out back.
I don't think it's been a year since I came on here, and I haven't gotten a thing done on my '55 Chevy that's sitting in the garage halfway apart

I do not recommend this joint to any hot rod types who don't need more projects cluttering up their garages and more piles of junk out back.
I don't think it's been a year since I came on here, and I haven't gotten a thing done on my '55 Chevy that's sitting in the garage halfway apart
:bigsmile: :thumbsup:

Half of us are here because we cant afford or don't have the space to work on cars!

Luke.

Welcome back!
There's usually some cool vintage frames in the For Sale section to be found.

And YOU!!! You're one of the WORST bad influences!!!
You've got me looking at girls frames. And I mean bikes!

And YOU!!! You're one of the WORST bad influences!!!
You've got me looking at girls frames. And I mean bikes!
Don't be a hater. :bigsmile:
1352-1450125889-1e3e08b0c0676bb47297e6a761237570.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back