My Second Bike - Tequila Sunrise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, this is my second post on here, so again just another short intro. My name is Jason Battersby orginally from Toronto, Canada, and now here at design school doing my Masters in Umea, Sweden. This Is my second bicycle I built between 2004-2005. What started from an silly little sketch quickly evolved into a very labour intensive project, but by far one of the most exciting and challenging projects i've ever undertaken. What your seeing here is a fiberglass body which was built overtop of an all steel frame. For the full build gallery here is the flikr link - http://www.flickr.com/photos/26710322@N ... 135465974/

Kustom_Bicycles_3_by_jayskidesign.jpg

2831893615_3309219de8.jpg

2832730384_570ee9b3d4.jpg

Yes it is fiberglass right over expanding foam. Normally you would make a mold and built the body in two halves, but I did it this way so the foam holds the frame rigid inside, plus it just made it that much easier to sculpt. Oh and yes it is ridable :D

Hi there, Yes i still own all of my bicycles, I love enjoying the work i've created, although i've had many tempting offers. The whole rear wheel assembly just unbolts and drops out from the rear fender just as any bicycle would, so its not hard to change the rim or the tire at all. Thanks for the questions! :D

That bike is sick! I`d love to ride that thing!!This is an excellent bike but it needs one thing...a 4.5 inch rear tire from a stingray chopper.

Nice job!

wow very well done and i love the color i want to do my 62 ranchero that color.

I absolutely love the handlebar treatment!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Hi there, the link to the build pictures is located in my original post. Thanks for all the great comments guys! I'll be posting pics of my third bicycle EYE CANDY soon!

This is awesome!

Long time i've been on here, lots of stuff going on in school! (Im allso studying design, but at Lunds Tekniska Högskola)

I don't think I can find the right words to express my opinion of how completely new and beautfiul that bike is. Excellent craftsmanship, a beautfiul bicycle, no flaws whatsoever. Best of luck with your studies.

Wow, now that is an amazing bike. It reminds me of the old air-race planes of the 20's-30's. The only thing I would change is the lowrider wheels/tires to something more classy, but what do I know, you're the one with the masters degree in design :wink:

wow man, that is just totally ace. It really reminds me of some of the early "bathtub" racing cars from audi during the 40's and fifties.

Latest posts

Back