My Super cheap SS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is a project I am working on. It's a Single speed bike build like a fixie but with a freewheel instead of a track cog. I got parts back from the paint shop at a local farm implement manufacturer, where a friend works and can shoot my bike parts for me so I have the cranks and forks and frame and handle bars shot in bright red!, that's after a good bead blasting and acid wash and primer, then baked for a few hours, here is the bike mocked up with no wheels. I still need wheels and a chain and some minor brake work, most all the parts are from a friends junk pile O bikes so the cost so far is zero! I am letting it sit for a few more days to let the paint cure more.

fixie+partial+build.jpg

You will enjoy riding it too. The SS or fixie drive train is much quieter and smoother than a derailleur bike. You just hear the tires swishing over the pavement.

sorry this took so long winter was a mess for me last year, here she is all finished!

IMG_1075.JPG

she rides great and is almost noiseless !

Great idea matching the crank and bars. You don't see that so much. Looks nice

Sweet looking SS.!!!
I like that you used a big and little wheel size treatment. I did a SS build just like it and it was kool looking and it road like a dream..
Looks like you used a plastic bmx seat on your bike. You don't see that to often.
Overall a nice looking SS..

Latest posts

Back