Mystery BMX rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
picked these up in a all or nothing deal with a ton of other decent 20" stuff

they seem different than most... weight of both combined is 5Lbs the way they sit
rims are only an inch-a-quarter width.. seems really thin
not really the right forum for this I am aware, but this is one of the only ones I frequent... and was hoping someone someday would recognize these. and have some info...
no makers mark or other identifiable markings I could see, tire pressure is 45 is the only lettering on them
many thanks for any info.. prob some cheap-os just wanted to make sure

They kinda look they could have come off a recumbent bike maybe especially because there so narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think your going to find out they are not bmx...

pACE3-2861943enh-z8.jpg

...a lot of former bmx wheel producers also make utilty wheels. I have a wheelbarrow with Safe-T-Lite wheels that are identical to some I used to ride as a kid. I think these are specific to utility use, however.

Jason

I was originally thinking wheelchair when I first saw them, but it looks as though the hubs are built different like one is supposed to have a gear on it. The wheel that is missing the axle is built different than the one with the axle if you look at the pic of them side by side you can see it too.
The hubs stick out just as far on the other side as well, like a flip flop wheel

Latest posts

Back