Mystery Red Road Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a guy see my pile of junk bikes and stop by looking for parts. Then he fell in love with an old Schwinn High Sierra MTB I had sitting there and offered me $75 when he got paid. He showed up a few days later and fell more in love with a Ross MTB I had. Both the Schwinn and Ross had been given to me, so I said he could have the Ross for the same price. He then offered me his bike that he rode in on plus $50, I said deal, I didn't know anything about his bike, but I figured cash plus a bike is as good as cash alone, it was like a bonus.

Anyway, I glanced at the road bike that day, looked like an old round Schwinn headbadge under the thick red spraypaint, but when I got it, at an angle I can see "VISTA" on the headbadge. All the components on the bike seem pretty nice. Sugino crankset and Shimano parts. The bike is kinda tall for me, so I don't know, might strip it and make a fixie just to say I have one. haha

Anything I should know about Vista bikes or anything of value on it?

red4.jpg

red3.jpg

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

I flipped one not too long ago. It was a Vista Silver Shadow 12 speed.
Vista Silver Shadow vintage 12 speed
63 cm seat tube
57 cm top tube
Lugged frame
Araya 1435 tubing
Araya 27x1 1/4 wheels
Made in Japan
Sugino Idol cranks
Shimano altus LT derailleurs/ shifters
Diacompe centerpull brakes
Shimano hubs
horizontal rear drops
Tange front drops
Here are som pics:
7b29a663.jpg

fa0f0b1a.jpg

e1d13c2c.jpg

6c1afbfd.jpg

cae4082b.jpg

da74dc7e.jpg

6f572871.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
make it a single speed (not a fixie) and flip it.

Yeah, this would be easier, and safer. I almost killed myself on a fixie... in a gym... ok, it was in a cycling class.

Latest posts

Back