RRBBO13 Naked Trekie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have missed a post somewhere. But is the plan still to strip down to bare CF?

If not for BO, then long term?

Bare carbon is still the plan but not sure if it will happen before the deadline. Will def post up the progress no matter when it happens. Might have to put this on a bit of a slow simmer for now.

Wanted to try and enjoy this bike for the rest of the summer (my first road bike since my 1979 Schwinn Traveler III I got for my 12th birthday.)

I really dig that last pic leaning up against the tree. Looks like the bike just came back from a hard ride, and needed to lean against something strong!

Your vision will exceed your present situation. Ride it and enjoy it for now, and pick it up once the feeling returns to your hands and arms from all that polishing! :21:

Looks awesome at this point! I can only imagine what it'll look like about six months from now after a little winter cabin fever sets in.

index.php

Enjoy the ride!

Thank you for the kind words fellas.

Did some playing around with this today and yesterday.

Stripped and polished the seat post clamp.

wr12.jpg

Peeled the stickers off the wheels and decided the black cranks were looking plain so removed them and stripped them. This is after some easy off and light sanding on the drive side.

crnks.jpg

Rained most of the day today.

wr11.jpg

Did make it out for a quick trip around the block.

wr13 (2).jpg

Cranks look great!
Smart choice on removing the wheel stickers too. They look so good on that bike. I should have charged you more!!!!! :D

Did a little playing around with the carbo-lift. Wanted to strip the fork. Seems like the paint was a lot thicker on the fork but I'd still only call this stuff "carbo-softener-upper" doesn't really lift the paint but makes it somewhat easier to scrape.

Didn't go crazy on the sanding yet because I found a photo op I wanted to explore so just made it presentable.

wr15 (2).jpg

Fork has alloy at the crown and drops but the transition was rough so used a bit of jen-yoo-wine 3M Carbon fiber vinyl wrap to cover the line.
wr16.jpg

That is cool. Can't wait to see the frame done that way eventually.

Latest posts

Back