Nautilus (steampunk themed build)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting a bit late as usual, and I don't have a bike yet but I'm planning my build.
I'm looking for a frame and tank suitable to my purposes, if you have something laying around let me know.
while planning last years build I had thought about the steampunk style, in fact you can see the influence in the bike I built with all the pulleys and wires and stuff. this year I want a bike that has lots of brass and copper pipes and fittings. I need something with a good sized tank with fairly flat sides, maybe a Roadmaster or Hawthorne or something.
anyway this is my build thread, hopefully I'll have more for you soon.
Scott

Cool, I like the steampunk look too! I'm building a bike that should look steampunk-ish. For the most part I really like steampunk color combos. I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose.

Stream-Flex was one of my all time favorites...A steampunk build, from you, should be fun to watch!

Wow, what a difference a year makes. I seem to remember a few folks were snickering about anyone doing a steampunk build.

When any artistic endeavor is done with taste and imagination, it will be great.

Looking forward to seeing your build. All the best.

OK you got my interest. Love Steampunk stuff, can´t wait to see the build.
Great name by the way...

I'm not quite sure what it will turn out like but I won't be doing any gold paint or anything. I'm working at a place that makes copper race car gaskets. they have a water jet, cnc mill, and a 60 ton stamping press, I ought to be able to figure something out. :mrgreen:

37fleetwood said:
I'm not quite sure what it will turn out like but I won't be doing any gold paint or anything. I'm working at a place that makes copper race car gaskets. they have a water jet, cnc mill, and a 60 ton stamping press, I ought to be able to figure something out. :mrgreen:

exxxcellent...........

mrburns.jpg

37fleetwood said:

Holy cow...
This 'Naughtylus' could look professionally good when your done with it. :wink:

slowly getting caught up. I'm still hopeful that I will find time to build this bike. I'm contemplating putting off the Nautilus til next year and going with a more straight forward build.
my first year I built the Godzilla bike which was a pretty involved build then I built Subterfuge which was so simple and straight forward that no one even noticed it. then I built Stream-Flex which again was pretty extreme. maybe this year I should build another stealth bomber that will be subtle but well crafted.
I know it's fun to see all the spinning parts and stuff but maybe next year.
what do you guys think about me building a 1940 Huffman/ I have three and want one as a rider. I've put one together enough to ride around but am thinking about taking it totally apart and mixing it up some before putting it back together. I'm not thinking flat black, but I'm not thinking full restore either. here's a photo of the one I've put together, let me know what you think.
img_3302.jpg

I say go with the Huffman. Sounds like that's where your "heart" is. Will probably be the bike you use the most this summer. I'm sure your expertise will shine through on that bike as well as the ones you've done in the past.

KOTA said:
I say go with the Huffman. Sounds like that's where your "heart" is. Will probably be the bike you use the most this summer. I'm sure your expertise will shine through on that bike as well as the ones you've done in the past.

+1 that sound like a grate bike to start with.

Latest posts

Back