NDN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need SPACE

i did have to grind the lip down.
null_zps280d2d95.jpg

null_zps7216fb1a.jpg

Chainring and resin

i should keep this as an ace in my pocket. Google dyeing resin and you can get a ton of ideas. Add rocks, rust and glitter but have fun! This would be really cool on a sweetheart chainring, I have a skip tooth one I may do this to.

24965e08b402a1aa16e4af1f4f0d9a75_zps701035d3.jpg

I did all the spaces but didn't like the look so I popped them out before they dried. lesson learned, small batches for the bigger spaces. here is one of the pieces I popped out.

a4fbbdc9d9f104caae52cdfbd93de586_zps7effd346.jpg

Re: NDN - Chain Ring Fun!!!!

This one is turning into an early fave for me. I am using the same chainring for FireWing and was thinking of some sort of flaming insert on the bigger outer holes. Wanna sell your leftovers? :p

kingfish254 said:
This one is turning into an early fave for me. I am using the same chainring for FireWing and was thinking of some sort of flaming insert on the bigger outer holes. Wanna sell your leftovers? :p

It would cost me more to ship it. Here is all you need:
SHHHHH! don't tell anyone, but your comment in your build thread "Monark chain ring because it has more of a flame look." got my brain going since I was using the same ring. Started with "how hard would it be to cut red glass and solder it in" to much money and time to do that and it is glass.

2 red pens (free if you can find some around the house or office)
1 pack of resin from Hobby Lobby 11.99 (get their app and they have a weekly 40% of coupon) with discount around 7.50 after tax
a cup to stir in
a wooden stir stick
some rags
wire cutters
a lighter (heat the ink to blow it out of the case)
clear tape ( tape the back of the ring where the resin will sit to keep it flush

here is the video I referenced and I just added the lighter for speed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84QbaefdYOQ

5bb040e5df0a6305b84740efc24b7bf5_zpsd4a890f7.jpg

Thanks buddy, that is a really cool trick.

kim_dude said:
Is that a a death star ice cube?!?!

LOL! death star it is. saves me from having to keep adding ice as I keep pouring more.

lvoe the look of whats i n the glass! cool chain ring thing! thanks for the tip

Troy

Re: NDN - albino waffles!!!

my dad came through for me. he found this bike in an alley by his house with a bunch of other stuff. not sure why this was thrown out but it had some really nice albino waffles on it that I am going to try and use. I just need to get 9/16 to 1/2" reducers.
a0cdfe1f3031d61ab35e090d47d58b93_zps9a42a11d.jpg

ef956536c2a8234e1be1ffbd4054a552_zps5bb1ad8b.jpg

Latest posts

Back