NDN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NDN - Mock up 1.3_fender welded

deven_science said:
Love the end grip detail. The fender is being built much different than I thought it would be, but that's good, 'cause then it doesn't look like I'm stealing when I do one the way I pictured it. :)

One of my favorite builds in the comp.

Thanks! I can't wait to see what you come up with. I struggled withe final weld big time. "should the rod go under, should I use smaller diameter steel? I have another idea for the same type cut but give it a ridge back look. can't wait for next year and this one is not even done yet!

kingfish254 said:
Great work on that arrow fender! That is gonna be wicked mounted!
love the bar caps too.

Just tryin' to keep up with you guys.

Before I decided to enter the build off, I browsed through several threads. There were a few builds that caught my eye and have become my favorites in this competition. Yours happened to be one of them and I had no idea that you were putting together this masterpiece until now! Very impressive!

Wicked!!

Re: NDN - fender mount

little bit of frustration but all is good. I do need to paint the fender so the tire will pop more. i have some tweaking to do... on the fender and not mentally. I think I will incorporate the fender with saddle bag brackets to give the fender a little more rigidity.

null_zps236e7582.jpg

null_zpsf6702914.jpg

null_zpsae90de67.jpg

null_zps2ee02631.jpg

this is for Jake Sensi- don't be a Vader Hater.
null_zps2805223b.jpg

I agree that it will need paint to make it pop, but it still looks sweet mounted on there.
Are you sure about saddle bags? That seems like it might draw too much attention away from the fender.
Have you considered using a wire mesh behind the arrow feathers?

kingfish254 said:
I agree that it will need paint to make it pop, but it still looks sweet mounted on there.
Are you sure about saddle bags? That seems like it might draw too much attention away from the fender.
I may experiment with that. I was thinking of drilling some hole in it and adding red epoxy but still kicking that around

cool fender really cool!! Kingfish is right dark mess would make it POP :lol:

Troy

Or mesh filled with red resin. :idea:

kingfish254 said:
Or mesh filled with red resin. :idea:
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: :wink:

kingfish254 said:
Thanks KingFish. Yea, I need to do a few more mock ups once I get the saddle bag, and seat mounts done. See which I like better and which will be final. Fender may not make the cut but I will see once I have everything on.

Re: NDN - The final push to the finish line

Finishing your Build. Stage One: preparation. For this you will need: one room which you will not leave; one mattress; tomato soup, ten tins of mushroom soup, eight tins of for consumption cold; beer, one large keg of; Magnesia, Milk of, one bottle; paracetamol; mouth wash; vitamins; mineral water; Lucozade; Bicycle smut magazines; one bucket for urine, one for feces, and one for vomitus; one television; and one bottle of Scotch, which I have already procured, from my mother, who is, in her own domestic and socially acceptable way, also a RRBO addict.

*adapted from a scene in one of the best movies ever, Train Spotting.

HAHAHA!!! THANKS MAN THOSE ARE AS KOOL AS YA BIKE. I KNEW I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WITH ACTION FIGURES. YOU SHOULD POST THEM ON INSTAGRAM. YOU'LL BE SUPRISE HOW MANY COLLECTORS THERE ARE. LOOK ME UP TOO. NOW STOP PLAYING AND GET TA BUILDIN'!!!! SHHUUSSSHHH!! DON'T LET B SEE YOU WITH THOSE- HE CALLS EM DOLLIES. HIDE EM. HIDE EM. ACT CASUAL. PEACE

Nice, nice, nice! Oh, instead of the Death Star Ice Cube, try frozen soapstone cubes...they don't water down your Scotch :D

NewOrleansFlyer said:
Nice, nice, nice! Oh, instead of the Death Star Ice Cube, try frozen soapstone cubes...they don't water down your Scotch :D

I have been wanting to try those! so they stay cold pretty long too?

Re: NDN - finally some time to tinker!

start with:
null_zps472806a5.jpg

cut a seat post
null_zpsd2d4fdc3.jpg

poorly weld a seat post
null_zps2079ec97.jpg

bend some seat trusses
null_zps78e0dba6.jpg

null_zps1f11f00f.jpg

will it hold my fat gluteus?
null_zpsd816d70a.jpg

I am in the process of shortening the rear fender, so will add pics if I get another free day tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back