Need BMX handlebar recommendations

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There are a number of people here that probably know BMX bars better than I do, and there are an overwhelming variety out of bars out there on the market (and few sites give you decent filters to sort them out). Plus I know there are a number of smaller distributors (Porkchop, Al's, etc.) that I'll miss out on if I only stick to searching Amazon.

In any case, I'm building up the sweet chro-mo cruiser frame I got from @Toeslider, and after taking it on it's maiden voyage today, two things are for sure - it needs a layback seatpost, and it would probably be a lot better with BMX bars. I have a stem on there that takes 25.4 bars, but I'm fine with buying a new stem. It's the bars that I'm concerned about - I have some rather specific dimensions I'm looking for. I got a sweet set of BMX bars for free from @us56456712, and I'd like another pair that are pretty much identical for this ride.
I'm not too up on calculating BMX bar dimensions, so I've included a few pictures to serve as reference points for how I have calculated these dimensions:

1. A span of about 25 inches:

IMG_20160210_202210267.jpg

2. A height (rise?) of about 8 inches:

IMG_20160210_202431732.jpg

3. Sweep is really hard to calculate, hence no pictures. Depending on how I'm measuring I'm getting anywhere from 3 to 6 inches of sweep.

I'm pretty much just looking for silver/chrome bars, but if anyone has any funky anodized recommendations I might be interested too :). Thanks!

My bad; I'm flipping through Niagara Cycle Works BMX selection and it looks like there quite a few choices that are close to what I'm looking for (though few (if any) list sweep measurements). I'd still be interested in hearing what people recommend, though :).

Last weekend I went to my local bike store and ordered a new set of BMX handle bars for a project. I scoured the net for a few days first but after the shipping cost it made the bars way too expensive. Niagara isn't always that trustworthy, I'm speaking from experience, Porkchop and BMX Guru are good people to work with. If you can, try your local shop first. You can look thru their catalog and get many ideas. It'll show all dimensions and if they don't have them hanging on the wall they will probably order them for you without having to pay shipping.

Last weekend I went to my local bike store and ordered a new set of BMX handle bars for a project. I scoured the net for a few days first but after the shipping cost it made the bars way too expensive. Niagara isn't always that trustworthy, I'm speaking from experience, Porkchop and BMX Guru are good people to work with. If you can, try your local shop first. You can look thru their catalog and get many ideas. It'll show all dimensions and if they don't have them hanging on the wall they will probably order them for you without having to pay shipping.

Good call. I actually order through my LBS a lot, but usually I'm having them order stuff I have already discovered ahead of time online. I always forget about the catalog, though. Maybe it's because any time I attempt to look through the catalog the employees never just let me flip through it on my own :D. But yeah, that'd be a very effecient way to check out all my options and dimensions. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back