Need help finding Orange pearl powder coating

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for something to match this bike. I've been all over the prismatic powders website but as far as I can tell they've got nothing. They've got plenty of metallic powders but you can see the flakes. Would I need a base coat - top coat to accomplish what I'm looking for?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
e2fa00eaf8812fe691552d202fb56f8d.jpg
e63781c9428d398f2c5de8ac4184be37.jpg

Thanks for replying Falstaff.
Just checked Eastwood and they don't have anything that matches either. Sure wish I had a time machine so I could go back and buy a few rattle cans of the Schwinn pearlescent orange from the LBS.
I've given up trying to find a match. I guess I'm going to go with Illusion Orange from Prismatic Powders.
Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Like the tale of Bill Mitchell and the Corvette Mako Shark concept (where the design team was tasked with painting the car to match a shark on his office wall and after several frustrating failed attempts, they painted the shark to match the car), you could have the other bike powder coated to match this one.

Looks awesome!
Can we get a closeup shot of the decal on the top tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks doc. I would love to show you a closeup shot but when I was putting it in a safe place for the decals to dry the frame started to fall so I grabbed it to keep it from falling and chipping the powder coat. But I happened to grab the top bar where the decal hadn't quite dried. I tried to fix it but I failed. The new set of decals are supposed to arrive on the 3rd. I will post a picture after I get them replaced.

Latest posts

Back