Need help with id and valuation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chain guard is rusted on, so is the front. I don't know what year or model. I cannot find a serial number any where. The dropouts look like there stamped.

The dropouts look like the "Up and back slots" that Columbia used. The chainguard looks to be modified or cut.

That's an Evans; made right here in Plymouth Michigan, circa 1960 give or take. The chainguard has been carved out; it was their long torpedo guard. I have one that's unchopped if anybody's interested :wink: Model was probably a Viscount 200, 400, or 800.

It looked like this at some point:

3swap1.jpg

Hey toeslider, it probably did at one time but that's how I found her. Except I had to cut the chain guard to get the crank out.

Anybody tell me how much one should sell it for.

In its current condition there's really not much left that's useable on it. On here, you might get someone to pay $10 or so for the cut down rear fender, just because they have a unique look to them. Beyond that, the frame and fork are all that's left. It's a cool looking frame, but its a girls frame, so unless you can find someone looking to build up a unique girls bike, it might be a tough sell. Still, between that and the fender you might hit $30 with the right buyer, probably not much more.

Latest posts

Back