need info on occ & wcc triple tree forks...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am looking at a project to use triptrees...I have a few questions maybe can be addressed ...
I have tried searching but get countless info on the real occasion and eccentric choppers ... I was hoping a few brothers here knew enough with there dealings with them.

Are either of these adjustable to accommodate any height head tube?
Max tire size?

Thanks in advance

My OCC StingRay headtube goes close to 7 1/4" including the races. The Steertube itself is a threadless at 1 1/8" dia.
The width between the fork legs is only about 2 7/8"; this contrasts to my Micargi triple tree fork that has 3 5/8" between.

I had OCC's on a 1" head tube frame and just had to shim the frame to tighten the fork. I could've threaded the fork tube down more to tighten it too. While the fork width is about 2 7/8" I fit a 24x3 thick brick just fine with plenty of room for a taller tire, I also ran a 26x2.25 and there was still room. If the frame steer tube clears the threads on the fork you can always cut the threads down too to match the frame tube height. This is all for the OCC's from a 20/24.

Latest posts

Back