Need more info. Potential BOX entries

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So, I stumbled onto 2 older bikes I got for a descent deal. I want to build one of the 2 frames up in the upcoming build off, but would like some more info about what exactly these are.

The first one:

Obviously spray bombed, no badges or stampings I can find... bought this one from a craigslist ad, the guy showed me some other bikes I might be interested in, but I wanted to do some more research... I went back the next day and picked up....

The second one is abit different. It still has the headbadge on it, but I can't find ANY information about them.
Its made by "Mohawk" The first and limited info I could find about them is that there was a Mohawk & Synder bike company in NY that used to make some rollfasts.. which is what I originally thought it came from, when I came back I looked again and it has a badge showing "Mohawk Industrial Bikes" in Tennessee, with a website address on it?!? Which to me, means its less than 20 years old. The hub looks extremely clean, and the chrome looks fresh enough to make it of that age, but
the frame has a classic look to it, and the rust and wear on it, it looks like it maybe older than that? Could it be a rebuilt and rebadged bike? No stampings on this one either... Website and phone# are dead ends...

Anyone have any info on either of these?

So far as the Mohawk. My search comes up zip as well. I called Peddler Bike Shop in Memphis and they said that they have been out of business for some years now. Perhaps some members around the Memphis area have more info on this.
It looks as if a lot of the parts are quiet similar to Husky and Worksman bikes. I have ordered parts from Husky for my Worksman WBO 2015 CAT Bike. www.huskybicycles.com and www.industrialbicycles.com.

Last edited:
I believe the blue frame is a 70s Columbia, similar to the Big Mac model. Check out Mr. Columbia's site for more info. -Adam

I can't believe that page says Mohawk Industrial has been building bikes for 60 years and there's literally no info out there on them. The name appears to have changed to Mohawk Cycle Company, but info on that is just as sparse.

Latest posts

Back