Need some pricing help on a survivor ladies skip tooth bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi guys.. It is time to liquidate some bikes, as the tax man is knocking at my door with his hand out.(It stinks to pay taxes for just owning a place! I could rent it for less than I pay in tax..)

Anyhow, the first to go is going to be my ladies Firestone Cruiser...(Yes, that is the model name and it has the cool headbadge.)
IMG_0595_zpsuyks1ibp.jpg
I have plenty more pics and a thread about it around here somewhere. I rode it on a cruise earlier this summer, although at the time it had Cranbrook wheels and crankset, not the correct skiptooth setup that is on it now. It rode just fine. With some decent rubber and new tubes, I think it would be very ridable.

The only things not original to the bike are the wheelset and the seatpost. (I have the original straight post around here somewhere...) Reflector is plastic and newer.
The rear hub is a New Departure D , and the tires are displayable but not safe to ride Allstate Safety treads. I only cleaned and boiled linseed oiled the bike except a few parts and the chrome and fenders went in the Evaporust tub . The wheelset is untouched since I found it at a swap meet, and the color is a surprisingly good looking match for the bike. There is some damage to one rear fender brace, and the left rear dropout was also damaged in the same incident but it does hold the wheel just fine. A new brace would be the best but a talented guy could straighten the brace with a bit of time. Chrome is lightly peppered but still pretty nice looking. No headlight and the fender is a bit rough in that area from its brutal removal sometime in the bikes past.

I know a certain store in Iowa would have it on display for $2500 TV dollars after paying someone $50 for the bike.. I know it is a less than desirable girl's model and that hurts the value. What I need is a reality based value. I guess I could bring it to Copake next time there's an auction or list it on fleabay. What I'm looking to do for now is list it over on the other site and Craigs. I don't want to ask a stupid price but neither do I want to leave money on the table. I'm willing to pack and ship but it won't be cheap I am told. Bikeflights, maybe....

Parting it out is another option...which would most likely leave me with a headbadgeless frame and a girl's seat unsold. (or worse, a complete Cruiser with no headbadge..) The bike is too good to be cannibalized IMO.

I'm not that experienced in selling this sort of thing, so any help on a fair price would be appreciated. PM me or post your advice...Thanks!

I think the Sears Screamer and maybe the Schwinn Scrambler may have to go as well Darnit. But that's another thread.

that is exactly what you need to do with it Bill, I hate to say it but you will get twice as much for those handle bars swan neck and chain than for the whole bike. Check for this little scribble on the bars. If it is there and the nickel plating is good go take a peek at what the Silver King crazies bid those up to on ebay. seriously
12119754_1035928593139027_65551425_o_zpsqkbsriqg.jpg

that is exactly what you need to do with it Bill, I hate to say it but you will get twice as much for those handle bars swan neck and chain than for the whole bike. Check for this little scribble on the bars. If it is there and the nickel plating is good go take a peek at what the Silver King crazies bid those up to on ebay. seriously
12119754_1035928593139027_65551425_o_zpsqkbsriqg.jpg
+1

I would part it out as well. The whole bike would fetch somewhere from $ 100 to $ 200 depending on how badly a buyer might want it. You would easily double your money by parting out and selling the seat, seat post, tank, and front forks. You can then slap some cheap parts on what is left and get something for it.

Hmm... I hate to do it.. But you guys may be right. I think I remember that Torrington stamp. I see Bicycle bones has a bunch of Torrington NOS bars listed around $50-$75.. . I wonder if it would be worth finding a cheap men's frame for the parts. I'm sure I'll find one the day after I sell the fenders and wheels. In fact, I may already have a frame for it in TX..What other brands would have used the same frame ad the Firestone branded bike?

Latest posts

Back