need to know what this is worth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive got a interested buyer for this bike already, but he wants to know what im wanting for it. i dont even know what its worth! schwinn metro cycle. SA 3speed out back, schwinn approved front hub, brand new kenda biscuits, the only thing thats not original on this bike is the grips. any useful info on what you guys would pay for it would be appreciated. thanks everybody!!

Easy E

291.jpg

294.jpg

293.jpg

292-1.jpg

i sold a 3 speed raleigh for $125 at the end of last summer in the same condition, dont see too many of that particular schwinn model around, but to the average joe its just a nice 3 speed bicycle, to a collector it may be worth a little more but not much more. just my opinion.

Hello Elvis51,

Thats a great looking bicycle
with pretty horrid looking grips.

About $100 here in Philidelphia area
sombody may pay more---nice fenders---
made in the late 70's I'd wager.

Cheers.

well to the few who replied, thanks. but the buyer backed out on me. decided he liked a raleigh sports better for $20 less. said i had a nice bike but not 110%what he was lookin for. oh well!

Easy E

all i can say is stick to your guns unless you MUST sell it. On bikes over 100 I usually ask 20-25 more than what Ill take, people like deals ... I know i do :lol:

Good luck man !

I can't believe that I've never seen this model before...these guys are right on their pricing.

Might even bring more if you Ebayed it.

well after reading this thread, i told the dude that i have gotten quotes saying its worth around $125 for "great condition", well id say this is in "good condition" borderline "great condition" so i told him $100? still no bite. looks like itll be goin with me to the peddlers swap in two weeks. (fingers crossed it sells so i can have more money to spend there!)

i think since its worth that much money, i guess i could put the original grips back on it and the rockin basket it had on the back! maybe that would even bring more!

RatRod- the only thing about Ebay is that i wanna keep it a local deal so no shipping involved. and i dont wanna have to pay ebay for sellin my bike. i looked on ebay once Cman told me to put it on ebay and there was a womens model exactly like this one in far worse shape and they wanted $125 buy it now price! i was like dang this bike was free to me!!! instant profit! thank you LBS. i might post it up on CL soon and see if get any hits.

Easy E

Latest posts

Back