Need your valued opinions with tire choice.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New tires seated nicely, removed front fender........one more thing..... (it never ends).......
"rack or no rack"?
wf2021.jpg
wfrepro.jpg

Last edited:
rack and front fender. Tires look great. bicyclebones on ebay has numerous
front fenders for those springers.
Had problem with front fender. As you can see in first pic, the front end sticks up. Can not get it to curve down to like follow the tire.....it bends outward when I try to curve it. Trying to mess with it made it worse....so...........left it off. Was getting to be a hassle lining it up ......don't know if I want to get another fender....If I come across one then maybe....Thanks.

The fender alone should follow the curve or the tire. Without the braces it should lay on the tire and follow the curve. I bought a set of wide Wald chrome fenders to add to my Hawthorne. They were too wide, I should have gotten the normal width cruiser fenders. I wedged them in
in but the rear never went all the way into the rear fender stay and the front barely fit. It has the same kind of springer as yours. Can you mount the center of the fender to the crown higher?
fullfender.JPG

I like both the clay or the clay-with-cream-sidewalls. Also, I like to mix the small brick in front with the diamond pattern in rear.
Does the first picture look like it shows middleweight tires?
I used to be able to find 26” balloon axle-mount fender braces of different lengths, in black or chrome. For a fender with two braces, the braces might seem to fight each other, if too short, or too long and pivoting off the fork crown.

Last edited:
Put front fender back on.....backwards! Could not get front to lie flatter without rubbing.
Straight, no rubbing, different look..... Think I will leave it........
wfff.jpg

Attachments

• wf2.jpg
    wf2.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
The fender alone should follow the curve or the tire. Without the braces it should lay on the tire and follow the curve. I bought a set of wide Wald chrome fenders to add to my Hawthorne. They were too wide, I should have gotten the normal width cruiser fenders. I wedged them in
in but the rear never went all the way into the rear fender stay and the front barely fit. It has the same kind of springer as yours. Can you mount the center of the fender to the crown higher?
View attachment 152542
VERY NICE!!

Latest posts

Back