NERRB Peaks Island Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.cascobaylines.com/schedules/peaks-island-schedule/

Hi everyone! Can you believe its almost August already???? Crazy! I am really looking forward to Peaks Island and I get to take that entire week off!!! Thank you everyone for pitching in and making this possible. I only wish that all of you could spend the whole week out there as well. So anyway, the above link is for Casco Bay Lines ferry schedule to Peaks Island. As you can see on Friday the first ferry leaves for the island at 5:45 am and basically runs every hour until 11:30 PM. CF means transports cars and passengers. Check the prices if thats what youre thinking but I honestly think its cheaper to park it if youre just coming for a night or two. And keep in mind if you are taking a vehicle over on the ferry sometimes you have to wait in line a trip or two...
And I know I'm repeating myself when I say this but I'm thinking that if everyone is coming up Friday evening you might want to coincide with everyone and see if you can all meet at my house and take as few vehicles as possible up to Portland. And keep in mind that I will not be at my house on Friday as I will be on the island but my son will be here and I will give you(pm) Trinas number because her and Eddie will be going up Friday evening as well. Also I posted a link on here as to overnight parking in Portland on page 3 of this thread. So after having said all that...you guys are on your own :) See you all there!!!!!

Copied my map this morning and looks like
a 5 hr drive from CT shoreline.Still excited
to get to island so I plan an early Friday
start,have no idea when I'd pass Jane's place. Still time to plan!...Stevil

Jane,Love your BO bike,and your eye for
photo shot,naughty girl. Will this be your
ride on Peaks Island?...
:crazy:Stevil

Jane,Love your BO bike,and your eye for
photo shot,naughty girl. Will this be your
ride on Peaks Island?...
:crazy:Stevil
I totally agree, Steve, a great BO bike, indeed! Well done, Jane!

7bH0Kpo.jpg

If I can make it, I will be on Sat AM ferry. IF anyone else is coming then, lemme know. maybe we can meet up

anyone ponder the idea of taking the ferry back over Sat night into Portland for some crazy nightlife? Ferry comes back to PI at 11:30. I think we can avoid Portland Police until then. Start early at Peaks Pubs and come back over? Anyone??

anyone ponder the idea of taking the ferry back over Sat night into Portland for some crazy nightlife? Ferry comes back to PI at 11:30. I think we can avoid Portland Police until then. Start early at Peaks Pubs and come back over? Anyone??
I thought the same thing. We should do it. Last ferry back to the island on Saturday night is 11:30 so we will have to make sure we are back by then.

Well, this event will be starting shortly; we should have a Peaks Island Nightlife Ride on the island - perhaps on the night when most of us will be there, hang-out on the beach and watch the Perseid Meteor Shower, maybe over a camp fire (if, that is permissible).

I too like the idea of a Saturday boat ride back to the city.

Another idea...My friend is playing a gig in Portsmouth, NH at the Red Hook brewery that afternoon. Might be too far to travel though.

We are on our way; we'll see you this afternoon, Jane and the rest of you my fellow NERRB's later this week!!! :happy:

I'm leaving Friday 330ish about 4 hours to Portland. Then I'll take ferry. Anybody else going same time as me ??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I should be rollin on the 7:45AM ferry over Saturday AM. Anyone else gonna meet me there?

My wife and I will be on the island tomorrow, if you don't mind a couple more bikes for your ride around the island we would like to join you.:)

How do you spell WOW!!! Peaks Island is a cyclists' paradise, made especially great while riding with some of the :cool:ist friends anyone could ever ask for!

I'll post pics tomorrow morning; we just got back about a half-hour ago - time to rest the body. NERRB's are the greatest!!!:)

Peaks Island’s East Shore facing the North Atlantic

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20002_zpsjmpcyybc.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20001_zps8rbcoxyh.jpg

A group singing at the Umbrella Cover Museum to the accordion played by the owner; it was some sort of Umbrella national anthem!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20005_zps9oztdfrl.jpg

The greatest bicycle in the history of the world!!!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20006_zpsqofwfimk.jpg

According to the parks people, a little over 30-years ago, a small group of teenagers started to stack the rocks one-atop-the-other, some were knocked over and were restacked, eventually, some of the locals and tourists’ began to make their own sculptors – and a tradition was started!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20007_zpscdieok6g.jpg

Honorable wife checking her e-mail at the library’s wi-fi zone

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20008_zps2sxibbvr.jpg

View of Portland across Casco Bay from the Westside PI

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20009_zps1raelqwt.jpg

Awesome shade tree on Sandy Beach

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20011_zpssmlonbcq.jpg

Time for lobster! Going to Maine and not eating lobster is like going to Disney and not hugging Mickey or Minnie. These three lobsters went from the ocean and into the pot within one-hour (but, I must confess that I was too chicken shirt to put them into the pot, so, my wife Lisa and Jane did them in) the results were beyond delish!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20012_zpsqmi3ezk0.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20013_zpsqrtsh7yz.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20014_zpsdbeztsug.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20016_zpsob33bsee.jpg

The ubiquitous golf cart, these things are all over the place!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20017_zpsk8hamkca.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20018_zpsv2zos84k.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20019_zpsqahejqyt.jpg

A local at the beach

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20020_zpsc0aevfhr.jpg

A group of non-locals at the beach

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20022_zpsnf9fgckn.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20025_zpsvf3j15ks.jpg

Dan’s bike’s credentials

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20026_zpsvbiaqpsn.jpg

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20027_zpsrmacjux7.jpg

Kim as Tarzan’s Jane swinging on a vine!

Peaks%20Island%20Aug%202015%20029_zpssdi411ih.jpg

NERRB’s at Battery Steel

Friends :)

Latest posts

Back