Never seen one like this...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
K so it's not mine, but I saw this cool bike out in front of a shop here in town...
2959264227_09b1c202b3_o.jpg

It's got 28 inch wheels, single speed, and rod-operated brakes. The rear is a band/drum type brake and the front, well the pads press up against the rim, and it's kind of a drop-centered type wheel... 28 inch wheels look huge! It has a brooks saddle, and the guy who has it said that he got it from someone who got it in Pakistan and said it was early 80's vintage. It says Numbers Sports on it, and has a sticker that says "Made of British High Tensile Steel". I've never seen one like it... It looks kinda cool, especially the twin bars and lugged frame. Like I said it's not mine, but I saw it. :mrgreen:

Awesome sighting! Now I want one...

To my eyes, this looks to be an excellent example of a heavy-duty work/delivery bicycle, possibly from the 1980's although I wouldn't rule out the 1970's (the lugging is very hefty, something that went 'out' in the 1980's on most bicycles). The double top bar, the big kickstand, as well as the extra-long wheelbase, seems to suggest a bicycle made for carrying heavy loads. Did you happen to notice the head badge, and/or what's on the sticker on the seat tube?

BadWolf said:
Awesome sighting! Now I want one...

To my eyes, this looks to be an excellent example of a heavy-duty work/delivery bicycle, possibly from the 1980's although I wouldn't rule out the 1970's (the lugging is very hefty, something that went 'out' in the 1980's on most bicycles). The double top bar, the big kickstand, as well as the extra-long wheelbase, seems to suggest a bicycle made for carrying heavy loads. Did you happen to notice the head badge, and/or what's on the sticker on the seat tube?
It says "Numbers Sports" then "English High Tensile Steel". Head badge said Numbers sports too... I think. I'll see if I can get some better pictures.

It says "Numbers Sports" then "English High Tensile Steel". Head badge said Numbers sports too... I think. I'll see if I can get some better pictures.

Hmmm, interesting; I've never heard of the company (?), though English steel has had high regard for many years in bicycle manufacture. I greatly look forwards to new photos!

Latest posts

Back