new arrival 1987 rallye cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks old school and you're quite welcome
yeah i taking it easy didn't like my 3 day hospital stay from pneumonia setting in lol
i been keeping the vitamin c coming and i just had a follow up from my doc he says the same thing it looks good but keep an eye on it
good luck with the build i would like to see it once you get it going if you can post pics
s you can see im an old timey inda guy and i actually have a nomad Gasser i used to race but haven't lately
gassers go hand in hand with rat rodding as far as icons in the hot rod world glad to see some Gasser themed builds
outskirt customs is building a flying wedge Gasser theme for the rrb build-off
cant' wait to see what you guys come up with
thanks again and good luck
Sean

Ha ha...to show you how "Old School" i am...i am technically un-saavy...and have a heck of a time posting pic....BUT....if you search under my name Old School 64 and put in "spring makeover" it comes up....that was a while back...have just put miles on it and a Ratrodbikes sticker to the seat tube.... :D

burrkrayecycles said:
thanks old school and you're quite welcome
yeah i taking it easy didn't like my 3 day hospital stay from pneumonia setting in lol
i been keeping the vitamin c coming and i just had a follow up from my doc he says the same thing it looks good but keep an eye on it
good luck with the build i would like to see it once you get it going if you can post pics
s you can see im an old timey inda guy and i actually have a nomad Gasser i used to race but haven't lately
gassers go hand in hand with rat rodding as far as icons in the hot rod world glad to see some Gasser themed builds
outskirt customs is building a flying wedge Gasser theme for the rrb build-off
cant' wait to see what you guys come up with
thanks again and good luck
Sean

i scored these bullet valvecaps off a junk bike i somehow managed to aqquire
ironic when customers bring me bikes then decide they no longer want the what one might find?
bullet shaped valvecaps
nice n shiny n chrome
a good addition to one of my better builds lol
more updates soon
Sean
0402131426_zps041d0487.jpg

Isn't that funny how the "junk" bikes yield the best parts ? I picked up a mid 80's Huffy 10 speed for $10 a while back...have used more parts off that rig....had some cool apes...a cool light set up...and some nifty shifters...and with the leftovers ... i might build me a cheap fixie....and flip it....gotta love em'
burrkrayecycles said:
ironic when customers bring me bikes then decide they no longer want the what one might find?
bullet shaped valvecaps
nice n shiny n chrome
more updates soon
Sean

Oh and by the way...those caps are way too cool !!!!! :D
old school 64 said:
Isn't that funny how the "junk" bikes yield the best parts ? I picked up a mid 80's Huffy 10 speed for $10 a while back...have used more parts off that rig....had some cool apes...a cool light set up...and some nifty shifters...and with the leftovers ... i might build me a cheap fixie....and flip it....gotta love em'
burrkrayecycles said:
bullet shaped valvecaps
nice n shiny n chrome
more updates soon
Sean

thanks old school 64
yeah im always finding sweet parts in my junks i actually built an entire bike out of nothing but junk leftovers
i haven't done much with it but its a ross 4 bar canti with a 5 speed
i run a bicycle salvage type of business to support my habit and you will be amazed at what i come across
those valve-caps work into this build perfectly so yeah they were a sweet score the bike they came off is a wal mart mongoose that's seen better days but i have it as a parts bike with another one im hoping to sell as a pair.
i usually offer people a fixed amount if they got alot of bikes and they take it rather then tossing them away so i guess you could look at it as im also keeping them out of the landfills lol
thanks for looking
Sean

the seat wasnt working so i removed it and put a regular seat on it'

i also have the valvecaps on and the skull mounted on the handlebars using another stem
the skull as been broken in the back s i gotta fix it a bit but its looking good for now
thanks for looking more progress soon
sean

sorry i haven't posted much on this build
i been kinda busy moving
but i had it out to take a picture and figured id update the progress

as you can see its close to being finished
heres the current state just need pins for the cranks and a chain and its rideable
i must say im really happy with this build
i may paint it lack with red accents though but uncertain the blue isnt quite cutting i for me
thanks for looking
Sean

well thanks to ym crazy cat running into ym bikes and knocking them over i no longer have the skull
this bike got knocked over and the skull shattered
i might buy another one or just make one
i haven't decided yet but other then the skull this bikes functional now
it rides good but is a lil squirrelly on corners
gotta get used to the rake in the front end
its an eye catcher and the neighborhood kids at the skate park love it
guess us old men can show the kids we can be cool lol (im 40 but act 12) lol
im thinking of running a 26x3 rear wheel to give it more back height as the seat is too low and a lil uncomfortable
but other then the few issues it has its really a nice cruiser
some dude thought it was a dyno but its not its a rally (sandpiper i think, but not 100 percent on that) i sliced and diced
not sure it resembles any dyno i ever seen but then again im not very smart on such things
more pics soon then on to the next project
Sean

Latest posts

Back