new bike girl here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
god i'm so bad at intros! i feel like the first day of school!
ok here goes nothing:
i'm 27, married, live in indian harbour beach, fl w/my babies (2 chihuahuas) and i'm a social worker part-time at a hospital, part-time for hospice. my third job is roller derby! i'm a blocker for the harbour city nautigals and our travel team the space coast slashers and i'm the league president. no i'm not 300 lbs (i'm only 5'1) and no i dont have anger issues or enjoy getting into fights! :)
i also love going to car shows, pretty much anything with wheels that i can go fast in!
i got my first bike at beachside bikes in indialantic and i'm addicted. it was a rusted up old cruiser out back and i paid practically nothing for it. i'm almost done with the body so once that's done, ill be ordering new parts and will post pictures.
i'm a pretty handy gal, love working w/ my hands. i'm going to be learning pinstripping and am considering taking a basic welding course at the community college here.
i've never found a hobby like this where all i want to do is work on my bike!
i will be posting LOTS of questions as i progress b/c i'm pretty much figuring out most on my own, with the exception of the guy at beachside bikes who said to come over if i get stuck w/ anything.
i'd love to see if there are any events or rides in my area that i could go to, or people in my area. i havent seen much in the way of custom bikes here!
thanks for letting me join!
penny

ciao.gif

Hey Penny, don't know if this is near you or something you would be into, I saw you mentioned Space Coast.

http://www.chopperbicycle.net/forums/sh ... ge=2&pp=10

Cool to see the Ladies getting involved.
How far from West Palm are you? We do a big ride every three months and there are lots af gals on bikes.

I'm a noobie here too, but, Welcome to the club!

Actually...if we're being exact...#4 since we had our first lady sign up way back in the day (LOL) and I think her name was ???? Hooch will remember.

it is mine I GOT SKOOL 2 MORROW!!! Never thunk't id say it but I CANT WAIT. If it wasnt for all the girls i would be crying lol.

aww man!! if i didn't have to skate in a bout sunday i'd be all over that, even if my bike is in the 'primer stage' :)
i don't think my legs would be able to handle a ride the day before a bout!
i'm only about 2 hours from west palm. my sister lives in pt. st. lucie and she goes to school in w. palm so it's not a bad ride down there. i guess growing up in FL you get used to having to drive at least an hour for anything! i would be totally down for going to WPB for a ride. keep me posted on when they are scheduled. hopefully roller derby and bikes can coexist in my world nicely and i won't have many schedule issues.
thanks for all the nice words of encouragement guys! i can't believe there aren't more girls on here! glad to know i'm not alone!
thanks again
penny

Latest posts

Back