New bike hauler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I finally bought a vehicle, and this one just acquired antique status! 83 was the last year for the F100. 6 banger with 3 on the tree.

It needs more un-customizing, as I took the plastic 4 x 4 things and fake exhaust ports off. There was a house light switch for the horn wired straight to the battery. The guy's girlfriend keyed the side of the truck. I changed out the side mirror to a truck mirror. Then I threw out all kinds of junk and trash in the cab and bed.

But it doesn't leak or smoke.

2cf6s5l.jpg

I have a 94 f150 straight 6 2 wheel drive, automatic.

I have 222,000 miles on her right now and she is still going.

Those straight 6 engines refuse die.

Chris

yoothgeye said:
is that the 300 inline 6?

Yes, 300 I6, other than a little blow by, it's good. All the instruments work, and 2 gas tanks. 257,000 miles. One barrel carb. My brother sold me the wheels and tires cheap, those on it were bald. The gear ratio is really high, a 308 rearend, it'll do 40 in first gear. I may have to get smaller tires.

Like said earlier, that 300 will go forever.

I like the look it's got going right now, to really go 80s get a chrome roll bar mounted in the bed with about 4 KC Daylighters with the yellow smiley face light covers on them.

Nice find! I was a Ford Dealership service manager in the "80's and "90's in a real truck town, (alot of ranchers and farmers ). In the last 10 years sold engines for two aftermarket company's . The 300 6cyl.'s are indestructible ! There's so much you can do to those trucks and they are very affordable to get stuff for. it will make a nice truck. 8) :D Tom.

Nice find! I had an Econoline panel van with the 300 straight six and 3 speed on the floor. I ended up selling it after the clutch went out but I wish I hadn't.

I learned to drive in a 83 Ford F250, 4 speed w/granny low same motor, we put 350,000 on it before my dad sold it to a friend. It got better gas mileage than the chevy 454's pulling horse trailers around though you were limited to the speed limit with a load. Good motors/trucks, have fun !!!

Awesome! :D Love that body style between the 80's and 90's 8) My first truck will be a 90's F-250 :mrgreen:

ford's greatest engine! (and that's coming from a GM guy... :) ) 3 on the tree, like, a MANUAL 3 speed column shift? i thought those went out in the 60's!

Yep, like my first car, a 65 Falcon. I was surprised at a column shift also on an 83, but around then was the last of them.

Man I wish I could find ones that clean around here. Most up north here have rust up to the door handles and god knows what patching the floor back together.

Wildcat said:
Yep, like my first car, a 65 Falcon. I was surprised at a column shift also on an 83, but around then was the last of them.

I used to work at a tire shop, for some reason if it was an early 80s big red ford farm truck it was usually a column shift. We would let the new guys go get them and watch from the bays as they tried to figure it out, most times they would hop back out and tell us it had an extra pedal :lol:

I had a set of those rims that came on a jeep I bought. I took them off and spent a weekend
cleaning and polishing. First I used 1000 wet or dry to remove all the corrosion , and then used
a small 4'' buffing wheel with Mothers Mag Polish. They came out really nice. Its a lot of work but
worth it with the end results.
J4.jpg

Here's my Hauler ''74'' f-250 4x4 , around a 460 bigblock , just love driving it .

5L45Kc5J93Kd3Lc3Mec3l2878433c951f1500.jpg

Latest posts

Back