New bike packaging

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I signed up for the 5 boro bike tour and I been wanting a bike I can do some longer rides with. Wife has a partnership with diamond back, wouldn’t be my first choice, but I bought a 20” mtb for my son through it a couple years ago and it was a good deal.
So I spent a few months looking, I started looking for used and just wasn’t finding anything, also builds always seem to cost more than just buying something. This kind of bike, I don’t really know enough about them to know what I’d want, to actually make use of building it anyway.
I wasn’t finding anything comparable to the db price wise with this partnership.

So I found this gravel bike, seems like something useful. I can take it on paths, use it on the road. It had a lot of good reviews. It came yesterday, box seemed awful heavy for some road bike kind of thing.
Opened the box and it reminded me of ikea furniture. Cardboard upon cardboard. Frame and every component wrapped in foam, but what I thought was cool, everything was strapped together with foam in between, and the useable Velcro straps. There is probably 15 straps. The box that would have the Pedals and front quick release, also had a 2 size pedal wrench, and a set of Allen keys. I purposely assembled it with those tools. Pretty cool setup. My sons bike didn’t come with all this stuff but this one wasn’t really a bottom of the line kind of bike.

I put together a couple new bikes for a friend and they also came with tools like that. Not a bad deal at all. They were well packed too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back