New bikes for My wife and I

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin real good there man! I'm glad to have been of help, I'm certainly flattered you liked my idea :D I'm really digging the bright shiney copper finish, are you going to leave it like that? I matte coated mine for an 'aged ' look, but I like the shine! I'll be keepin an eye on this build for sure!

yoder327 said:
Got my first two wheels finished. (I still have to clear coat them)

I am extremely pleased with the color of the wheels! Thanks to fellow member Strings_and_steam for the info on paint. I loved his paint scheme and somewhat stole it from him! They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery and I hope Strings_and_steam feels the same way!!

Here are a few pics of the wheels:

2d7919bf.jpg

2210ad04.jpg

The frames, forks, and fenders are finished at the hydrographics shop and are being delivered tomorrow. Her bike won't be finished by then, but I should be able to get somewhat of a rolling chassis to present to her at her birthday party tomorrow night. The work they did on the frames etc is amazing. I can't wait for you guys to see it. Pics will follow soon!

Wow that looks great man! I was looking at a color similar to this today to do on a a future project of mine. Is it spraypaint? (if you dont mind me asking)

That paint is rustoleum and as far as I can tell is only sold (this specific color) at home depot. I couldn't find t at Lowes or Walmart. It's only like 3 bucks a can and was fairly easy to work with. I feel good about it.

Update:

The frames and everything have been delivered from the hydrographics shop!! I don't have time to post a lot of pics right now but I'll leave you with a couple to start with.

ec79b191.jpg

f4c74891.jpg

They put our names on the chain guards! They used vinyl letters and clear coated over them. They have a "ghost" effect - you can hardly see it at certain angles.

7cffd0d8.jpg

ae80aafa.jpg

More pics will follow!! I think it's coming along nicely. :mrgreen:

A pic my bike barely mocked up:

791c4546.jpg

BTW - my wife was introduced to her bike tonight. She loves it!! She's excited help me finish it! Didn't get them done in time for her birthday, but this way we can work on them together! She still loved it as a birthday present.

Happy Birthday Honey!! :wink:

Gdcast said:
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Never seen that finish before!!! How do they do that???

Dr. Tankenstein said:
How'd they do the carbon fibre finish???

It's called hydrographics. You can read about it here: http://www.ozarkshydrographics.com

They can add just about any design you can think of. Anything that you can paint, you can dip. They do a lot of camo for hunters, guns, bows and arrows, four wheelers, etc. Lately they've been getting a lot of motorcycle business. It's really amazing how it works. I've never seen anything like it before.

A complete bike will cost about $700 - $1,000 Frame and forks only - $300 - $500

I can't wait to get these things finished! Thanks for the comments! :)

Yeah, now I remember I think I´ve seen it done in one of OCC episodes,
they submerge the hole ting in a big pool of water, with the design film floating on it right?
Cool!!! :D

yoder327 said:
That paint is rustoleum and as far as I can tell is only sold (this specific color) at home depot. I couldn't find t at Lowes or Walmart. It's only like 3 bucks a can and was fairly easy to work with. I feel good about it.

Update:

The frames and everything have been delivered from the hydrographics shop!! I don't have time to post a lot of pics right now but I'll leave you with a couple to start with.

ec79b191.jpg

f4c74891.jpg

They put our names on the chain guards! They used vinyl letters and clear coated over them. They have a "ghost" effect - you can hardly see it at certain angles.

7cffd0d8.jpg

ae80aafa.jpg

More pics will follow!! I think it's coming along nicely. :mrgreen:

You don't have a picture of the can do you? Or do you remember the color. I saw a color like this at Lowes and cant seem to find it now. i want to use this color on some accent pieces . thanks man
-Joe

Latest posts

Back