New brake setup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
My buddy sent me this pic and I've finally stopped laughing enough to post it.
No, it's NOT his bike!

Wonder why I have so many tire blowouts??????
5f37bc9f3616d6b461987abdce407ca0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap! :)

I wonder what it feels like when you apply the brakes against the tires!? I would be afraid to even try it.

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13] look at all the rubber on the frame . Let me guess they bought it from wall fart ....I bet the fork is backwards too...

[emoji13][emoji13][emoji13][emoji13] look at all the rubber on the frame . Let me guess they bought it from wall fart ....I bet the fork is backwards too...

That's the fork, not the frame.... this is the front, but i'm wondering if the rear matches, in terms of this hawt new set-up...

Definitely not a Wally-Job; judging from the fork's construction and the decent Avid v-brakes (decent aside from pad placement, anyway), this is a bike-shop level ride that fell into the hands of the wrong "mechanic"...

That's the fork, not the frame.... this is the front, but i'm wondering if the rear matches, in terms of this hawt new set-up...

Definitely not a Wally-Job; judging from the fork's construction and the decent Avid v-brakes (decent aside from pad placement, anyway), this is a bike-shop level ride that fell into the hands of the wrong "mechanic"...

Yes by golly your right I should have looked closer. That's just sad after a couple tires some should have caught on .

If I had to guess, I would say somebody left the pad loose and it turned this way during a race/long ride and this was the aftermath.

Unfortunately... that is a Bontrager tire, Avid single digit threes, and a fork that is either carbon or aluminum, that is a Trek 7.? FX bicycle, 7.2 maybe? Not 100% on their models and colors, but that is a bike shop quality bike, that either wasnt assmbled well, or... the employees at the shop never showed the customer how to properly unlatch their Vbrake so the customer resorted to removing a pad to remove the wheel, resulting in what we see here...

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back