new Brooks Cambium(rubber) for the Hulk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend of mine has a Cambium, and likes it alot. I think they look great, feel grea.... i'm waiting to see what the durability is like before i pull the trigger, but for all i know, they'll last years. Looks great on that green fattie.

That's reassuring, but I've been around the block enough times to be skeptical about the warrantees on bicycle components.

Yeah to me a warranty is sort of like an expected shelf life. I had to check them out, didn't expect it to cost so much.

I didnt expect them to cost so much either. I bought a Brooks last year and they had a paper with it telling about these so I checked them out then and decided it was to much. This bike I hated the seat on but love everything else and seats that I was looking at were 60-100 and I was not blown away by any of them. So I knew I would like this one and eventually talked my self into it. It is the most expensive seat I have ever bought

The most expensive one i ever bought was a B33.
b33_honey_w800_h600_vamiddle_jc95.jpg

I'm mostly distressed about just how much Brooks has increased their prices this year. Seems to have effected most quality leather saddles...

Have you seen the price of beef lately?! I'm told that a drought decimated the herds this year so fewer cattle equals fewer hides...and higher prices. But this rubber thing?? YIKES!

Yeah you're right. I don't buy a whole lot of beef, but it looks like the supply/demand thing for cattle has predictably shifted towards higher prices, beyond the rate of inflation. Drought or no drought, you can rest assured the prics won't go back down....

Latest posts

Back