Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Spent the entire day launching the new upgraded version of the forum software. The version we were using before was about 3 years old and severely outdated. Not just from a look and feel perspective, but from a security and stability perspective. There were server issues that were becoming a regular occurrence with the outdated forum software.

There may be some issues still with photos not displaying in certain posts. We are still working on that one. I am also not done tweaking the layout and colors of certain things.

I know some of you hate change, but, in the world of technology it's inevitable. I'm hoping that this version of the software will make checking out the forum on a mobile device easier and you won't have to use Tapatalk anymore.

Please let me know if you run into any issues when going through the forum. I'm definitely open to suggestions if certain aspects seem weird or difficult to use.

Thanks for your patience while we work through this.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks!

The biggest issue right now is getting the forum to connect to the Amazon file storage system that I have.

All of the images that get uploaded to the site are stored there

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, that was fun.

Nothing like a launch followed by lots of problems and then another launch.

There is currently a script running that should be repopulating all of the old images on the site.

If you don't see them, they will probably start showing up tomorrow.

New images should post without any issues.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
The advertisement banners are not showing up.
Thanks...hopefully that will resolve over the next 24 hours.

My developer had to write a script to reload all of the images on the site that were hosted on my Amazon storage account.

There were over 100,000 images so the script will most likely have to run over night to repopulate everything.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for all your work, Steve! And for not 'bagging' the site amidst frustration! :bigsmile:
I just posted a photo on both my Chromebook and my android phone using Google Chrome! They both worked great. I also really like the 'page find' feature on the threads. Keep up the good work, and we'll keep building weird wild wacky custom rat rod bikes!