NEW FORUM SOFTWARE LIVE

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, that was fun.

Nothing like a launch followed by lots of problems and then another launch.

There is currently a script running that should be repopulating all of the old images on the site.

If you don't see them, they will probably start showing up tomorrow.

New images should post without any issues.
My photos from my android phone and iPad still turn out sideways. I have to keep taking a fresh photo until I get the right direction on my divece. The photo orientation is different for each device. A few years ago this wasn’t an issue. My pictures have the correct orientation on other sites.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
My photos from my android phone and iPad still turn out sideways. I have to keep taking a fresh photo until I get the right direction on my divece. The photo orientation is different for each device. A few years ago this wasn’t an issue. My pictures have the correct orientation on other sites.
I think there might have been a setting on the new server that was wrong.

Try it again and see if you get the same results.

Reactions: us56456712
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When posting, the "Attach files" button / tab below is a very light grey, not bold like the Post reply and Preview buttons. Could that be made darker, so it appears like it is 'active' when people are posting? At first I wondered if it was or not.

When you hover over it with a mouse or your finger, then it gets dark grey. Could it be dark grey from the start?

This isn't a HUGE issue, but it would add more continuity with the other two buttons below the posts.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
When posting, the "Attach files" button / tab below is a very light grey, not bold like the Post reply and Preview buttons. Could that be made darker, so it appears like it is 'active' when people are posting? At first I wondered if it was or not.

When you hover over it with a mouse or your finger, then it gets dark grey. Could it be dark grey from the start?

This isn't a HUGE issue, but it would add more continuity with the other two buttons below the posts.
Should be fixed now. :)

Reactions: OddJob

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Reactions: trixonian

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Looks like it is for every post in that forum sub section

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Just had an interesting discovery. Once a thread cracks 1000 views you no longer see how many actual views. It will show 1K from 1000 views all the way 1999.

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man, just took me over 2 hours to make this post, and it's still not how I wanted it:

Only way I could make it work was with thumbnails. I don't see anything way out of line with it, like too much text or too big pictures, but I couldn't post it with full images on three different platforms, no matter how I tried it. Tried just the text first and add pictures using edit, pictures first then add text using edit, etc. Tried only using some of the text, 1 of the pictures, etc. Site just wasn't having it, kept getting the "Oops" message, then the site wouldn't load and I had to completely get out of everything and reestablish my internet connection to get anything to work again. The "is it up or down" sites said the website was working, so something on my end was wrong, but at the same time I went to like 10 other websites with no problem. Then I made the post right after it with no problem at all. I don't get it, but it's very discouraging from a build-off standpoint. Couldn't get it to work at all from my phone, had to do it from my laptop, but still with issues.

(It was post #10 in that thread that I was having problems with, by the way. Not sure why links show up the way they do with this new version of the forum)

kingfish254

Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Man, just took me over 2 hours to make this post, and it's still not how I wanted it:

Only way I could make it work was with thumbnails. I don't see anything way out of line with it, like too much text or too big pictures, but I couldn't post it with full images on three different platforms, no matter how I tried it. Tried just the text first and add pictures using edit, pictures first then add text using edit, etc. Tried only using some of the text, 1 of the pictures, etc. Site just wasn't having it, kept getting the "Oops" message, then the site wouldn't load and I had to completely get out of everything and reestablish my internet connection to get anything to work again. The "is it up or down" sites said the website was working, so something on my end was wrong, but at the same time I went to like 10 other websites with no problem. Then I made the post right after it with no problem at all. I don't get it, but it's very discouraging from a build-off standpoint. Couldn't get it to work at all from my phone, had to do it from my laptop, but still with issues.

(It was post #10 in that thread that I was having problems with, by the way. Not sure why links show up the way they do with this new version of the forum)

Were you trying to paste the photo in. Or were you using the "Attach Files" button to upload pics?

Pasting pics in now has a file size limit of unknown size. So if a pic is too big, it gives you an error that says the file is too large.

You should be able to use the "Attach Files" button just fine. Everyone else is using it successfully.

Last edited:

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Head Honcho
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
www.ratrodbikes.com
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
@Toeslider - Very strange.

I tried to edit the #10 post that you made and add the images myself as attachments and got the same "Oops" message you did.

Then I downloaded all of the images from that post and created a new post and attached the images and was able to post it without any trouble.

If you try adding another post to that thread and attach images, do you get the same "Oops" message?

Dec 11, 2011
Central Ohio
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@Toeslider - Very strange.

I tried to edit the #10 post that you made and add the images myself as attachments and got the same "Oops" message you did.

Then I downloaded all of the images from that post and created a new post and attached the images and was able to post it without any trouble.

If you try adding another post to that thread and attach images, do you get the same "Oops" message?
I don’t know what the exact problem was. I was attaching the files like I always had been. I even resized them smaller to see if that would help, but it didn’t. After resizing they should have been plenty small enough.

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles