1. The forum software will be upgraded on Thursday evening (April 2). During this time the site may be down for a period of time to make the change. Thanks for your patience as we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

New Guy From Chicago

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by teabeats, Oct 15, 2011.

1. teabeats

teabeats

Hello to everyone on Rat Rod Bikes, I am coming aboard to fulfill a childhood dream buy owning and building up a vintage bike. I have never owned a vintage bike before, and now I have two. One is unnamed, and the other is a Sears Screamer. I'm looking for idea, help, parts, and to just have fun. I like to talk bike, and to meet cool new people.

I normally navigate the bmx circle having founded a non-for-profit bike program with my 14yr old autistic son named Special Needs Special Children: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Special-N ... 4942411686 I became a member of Rat Rod Bikes to get involved in a part of bicycles that I only have seen from afar. I hope to learn and share knowledge so that I can grow, and enhance. this very prestige's hobby of vintage bikes.

I'm very laid back and open minded, so feel free to say hi or voice your opinion. I would like to start out by finding out the history, make, and model of my current project: Project Rat Trap. I believe it is a 1968 Ross(no model info) I will be posting pics in the name it section for all to see and help.

Thanks for having me at Rat Rod Bikes.....Earl

2. Markm

Markm

welcome :mrgreen:

3. teabeats

teabeats

thanks Mark

4. Araya51

Araya51

Just here to say "HI" from one nubie to another..

5. teabeats

teabeats

thats love araya51

6. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!

Welcome! from Chicago (Lincoln Square)

Hope to make your ride on the 4th of November :wink:

7. teabeats

teabeats

Ride is the 5th :wink: and I will leave the light on for ya...11 meet and 12 we ride. Thanks for the love...Lincoln Square :D