New Guy From Florida

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The south end of the path is the best part, in the trees where you can't see the highway. On hot days, the canopy keeps it cooler. I'm up for a ride next Saturday.

Wildcat said:
The south end of the path is the best part, in the trees where you can't see the highway. On hot days, the canopy keeps it cooler. I'm up for a ride next Saturday.

Sounds good count me in. Where and when do you want to meet up.

There's the park at the south end. I usually park there and ride up and back. I checked the weather for next Saturday, it looks like a great afternoon, a little breezy but in the upper 60's and sunny in the afternoon. I'll see if my daughter and fiancee want to ride also. Probably would meet up around 1pm and ride for awhile. I'll start a thread if we get more interest.

That sounds good see you then. I am just leaving the apartment now to ride down that way and check it out I think its about 1.5 miles from my apartment. The wind should be fun tail wind there head wind back, better save my energy for the the ride home the Ghostrider is no road bike.
I stand corrected its 2.5 miles to the south park from my apartment the 2.5 mile marker is just about where I get on the path.
I plan on riding down to meet you but depending on how far north we ride will depend on how far past my apartment I can ride back with you. My legs can take it but my butt is not doing as well, I really hate the seat it came with but I have to wait to get the brooks I want, I just need to ride more to condition it after all I have not been on a bike in 13 years.

Welcome to RRB buddy. Love the Ghost RIder. Of course, it's not quite as cool as a Nirve Cannibal :p :mrgreen: !
Enjoy your new ride! I am certain you are going to enjoy the forum.

kingfish254 said:
Welcome to RRB buddy. Love the Ghost RIder. Of course, it's not quite as cool as a Nirve Cannibal :p :mrgreen: !
Hey Kingfish254, I see you are on this forum.
You can't say I did not try my best to take your Cannibal off your hands. Now you have to bring it to Fleming Island and go for a ride with us.

Wolfman said:
kingfish254 said:
You can't say I did not try my best to take your Cannibal off your hands. Now you have to bring it to Fleming Island and go for a ride with us.

No doubt, I was just messing with you.
Of course, there are absolutely no hard feelings at all. I was just too lazy to deliver.
Welcome aboard!

Hey, Guys. Saturday afternoon saounds good. About what time you thinkin'? May invite one of my buddies from the "HEY" Ride if that's cool.

Looks like 1:00pm Saturday at the south end of the path where the little park is. Bring anyone you like.

kingfish254 said:
Wolfman said:
kingfish254 said:

No doubt, I was just messing with you.
Of course, there are absolutely no hard feelings at all. I was just too lazy to deliver.
Welcome aboard!
You were right I never would have fit it in my car I had to dissemble the Ghostrider to get it in my car and I could barely drive home I had a fork sticking in my right leg for 25 miles. Every time I braked it dug in worse. I know your bike was even longer than that one is so it would have been quite the problem after driving all that way. It was nice talking to you though and looks like I will see you here quite a bit.

It's looking upper 50's and very windy for Saturday, but I have Monday off, and it'll be perfect for riding, upper 60's and little wind.

Wildcat said:
It's looking upper 50's and very windy for Saturday, but I have Monday off, and it'll be perfect for riding, upper 60's and little wind.
Yeah, "Windy" sounds too much like work. May have to sit this one out if you guys ride on Mon. I'll check this thread from time to time to see if anything changes.

danthrift71 said:
Wildcat said:
Yeah, "Windy" sounds too much like work. May have to sit this one out if you guys ride on Mon. I'll check this thread from time to time to see if anything changes.

I don't mind the wind as long as there is no chance of rain. I will be at the South Park by the picnic table Sat. and Mon. around 1:00 pm if anyone wants to go I will wait till about 1:10 pm and assume no one is coming.

Saturday won't be as windy as thought, only 15 mph and 60f, no rain. Monday will be a little better. So I'll be out there Saturday and Monday.

My new upgraded pic after a new seat, handlebars, grips, valve caps, and a bell.
86ecb98aa70a5cbe5850cd27a53a28ab_zps37071c55.jpg

Thanks Wildcat we will see how it does this weekend. I was hoping my new pedals would be here also but it looks like next week sometime. The seat and the pedals are the two lowest grade parts on here the seat felt like it was going to break at anytime and the pedals feel very bad when you spin them you can see the bearings in the cup and the grease is coming out. I have some sealed platform pedals coming anything is better than what's on there.

Bad news I am not sure if I can make the ride either day I am having car problems and not sure when I can take it in. I am trying to set up a appointment for Sat. Or Mon. You better not plan on me being there till I figure out what to do. Looks like a sensor in the ignition there is about 50 posts online talking about the lock pass sensor in the ignition for 2003 Malibu's it thinks someone is trying to steal it and won't let you start it. Looks like more money down the drain. Sorry maybe next time. Wolfman

Latest posts

Back