New guy from Motown

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the forum, but old bikes have infected my blood most of my 32 years...first bike was a hand-me-down 16" Ross Barracuda (basically a Stingray Midget knockoff). At 7 I got a new black & gold Huffy BMX, but always had my eye on the old Stingrays a few of which were still on the road. Around this time, my dad lucked into a piece of his childhood, a '52 Black Phantom (for $5!!!) and he was hooked--trips to the bike museum that used to be in Ann Arbor & early A2/Saline shows would follow. I also did some 25 mile tours w/my parents! What were they thinking???
I eventually landed a Huffy Rail & '68 Stingray which made the long rides a bit easier...
Now flash-forward to the present...I never really lost interest in bikes, just other interests (like guitars & old cars-esp. VW's) took precedence. Now that I've got a "real" job (for now, knock on wood) a wife & 2 kids, a mortgage, etc., I feel like a kid in the best way whenever
I get on a bike. In the last year or so I've gone a bit bike crazy. Right now this is my riding
stable: radiant red '78 Typhoon w/apes & springer, stock '57 Corvette, '60's Triumph single speed lightweight & the all important Burley D'lite trailer 4 the kids (or beer runs).
Sitting in my overcrowded basement next to a big heap of parts is a very
crusty late '40's Schwinn straight bar frame & a dismantled '60 Panther (my uncle was the orginal owner & he sprayed the 1st coat of red primer in the mid '60's). I have some crazy plans for each of these bikes that I will get into later, when I post some pics. I should also mention that I have a '90's 6 spd. Huffy Cruiser, customized w/Omni fork, mtn. bike tires & hi-rise bars that I will be donating to a great cause,Back Alley Bikes in Detroit, a free bike shop that teaches the less fortunate how to maintain bikes. check out http://www.backalleybikes.org They are also getting my old plastic bike trailer & a near mint 24" Magna mtn. bike I trashpicked last week.
I gotta get up early, so that's all for now...

WELCOME, ANOTHER MICHIGANDER HECK YEAH!! Wanna see some bikes bro, see you around.

hi2.gif

Latest posts

Back