New here - Early Dyno Cruiser Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm new here but not to cruisers - my last two bikes were an Electra Streamride Custom and a Kustom Kruiser Deuce. Sold them both in the fall (for some cash) and regret it - my wife is still P.O'd with me.

Anyways, new project is what I think is a first generation Dyno Cruiser - Glide Deluxe - Maybe you can help - It has a "D" in a green diamond on the headtube and a "D" cast into the back of the top tube at the seat tube.

The bike uses an old skool Sturmey Archer shifter with a 3 speed Shimano coaster hub which takes the shifter from the left side instead of the right.

Its a bit of a rat right now....the springer front end is in need of rechroming but I may powdercoat the fork legs black. The chainring needs a bit of a cleaning and the fenders need to be replaced. I will probably buy some chrome stubby fenders and go back to the apehangers and dump the crappy vinyl seat for a layback post (or custom bent one) with a Brooks B-66 or B-33.

dyno cruisers

first thing "welcome", and the next is there are several different dyno's. the first one is a Glide then the Glide Deluxe, Ultra Glide, Moto Glide, Mooneyes <--- "rare". then the Deuce, Roadsterand the Taboo Tiki <--------- very rare. i own three. looking for a taboo!!! hope that gives you a little insite. i think or hope that the Dyno's will be worth something one day??? nayhoo, glad you could join.... later.

I will post some pics....the bike is a Glide Deluxe

I have a feeling that the 3 speed was added later on because I'm not aware of the Glide Deluxes having a 3 speed. The frame is nice though...I give the paint condition a 9/10.

I consider the project in total to be my Jeckle and Hyde. I've also have a Tom Kellogg Spectrum Pursuit Frame I'm building up. Blazingly fast. When both are done I will post pics.

Question on spray bomb paint cans.....there are 2 types of spray nozzles - flat and cone....Which is better for frames?

Latest posts

Back