New in NorCal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, been lurking with all my free time since I found a pic of Keoki_Ds bike in a Google search. Love all the bikes and the workmanship, but biggest of all the comraderie and appreciation of the RRB community. So thanks and congrats to everyone, firstly.
I'm 24 and live just north of Santa Rosa, and am going to take on my first build. I have no bike experience at all mechanically speaking, but am chomping at the bit to get my first parts. My issue (?) is my size, I'm 6'7 and 245lbs (and dropping), so I'm not sure if or how that will cause problems for me or not. I really want to build a stretched cruiser, and I have to use a commercial frame. I love the frame on Keoki's bike and would like to hear a voice of experience on that frame and/or my chosen build style with regards to my height and weight. Eager to build and don't want to end up too big for my first (and only) bike. Also, any tools specifically I want to make sure I have?

Thanks in advance, glad to be here and looking forward to whatever happens!
-James

Welcome to the fun James.

We've got several big guys building on here.

I've sold more XXL shirts than any other size...ha ha.

welcome :mrgreen:
crescent wrench, channel locks, good wrench set(thin for pedal removal), couple screw drivers, socket set, WD-40 and some steel wool! :wink:
could find most at flea markets...

hey and welcome again from sacto. do i know u? this is adam from college cyclery. have not seen much of keoki lately and he sold his bike not too long ago

Thanks everyone! Adam, you don't know me, but my sister lives in Sac and needs some stuff done to her Schwinn, so I looked your posts up and suggested she go to to you. Was that frame pretty good? What's your thoughts on it? Can I fit?

long frames work good for tall guys for sure. i know a guy that is selling his stretch that we custom built for him. as i remember it is based on a dyno kustom cruiser frame and it is called the fairlane.

that would not be an issue they are strong. i will try to get a hold of him and post them. i think he wants around 1,000 for it but keep in mind there is a lot more in it than that

welcome aboard... cant answer your q's with height ... but the weight I got ya beat by bout 10 lbs and the strech I rode handled my 250# with out a complaint.....(good cuz thing I have a saw just waiting for a mouthy bike)

Welcome from a little farther North....I think you will do just fine with most of the older cruisers and some of the newer stretch frame
are plenty strong enough for a big guy ....at 225 I still ride older stingrays and they hold up just fine.

Latest posts

Back