New Klunker Bike...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, Been quite a while since I posted here, time for some updates.... Built a new "klunker" bike to ride, I had an old Schwinn twin bar frame laying around, couldn't let it go to waste, so I built this up....
Most of the parts on this bike are off my 2007 SE OM Flyer, the fork is a Pyramid 20 dollar cheapie, new vintage style seat, the handlebars are from the ATV Motorcycle shop, I cut the bars down a hair but they are still 29 inches wide :shock: , I got some weld on V brake mounts and slapped them on the rear, some might consider it sacrilege to put mounts like this on an old frame, to me it was just sitting there not being used, I "patina-ed" the bre brake mounts and paint I sanded off to match the old faded paint, used some red oxide primer and it came out pretty good...
Overall I really like how this bike turned out, it has the right "look" I was going for, old repack style klunker, yet rides very well and has good brakes, pretty good for a 10 dollar grage sale bike that lived for many years outside....
newKlunker007.jpg

newKlunker009.jpg

newKlunker010.jpg

newKlunker011.jpg

VERY 8) the old Klunkerz are legends! i still need to get that DVD one day ,sweet ride, love the old "VANS" stem cover,when i see these old bikes i think "GET ON,SIT DOWN,SHUT UP,AND HANG ON,AND YELL OHHH-----$#!^&%%!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliments!!! I am keeping the OM frame I parted out, I will collect parts for this bike and put the OM back together soon....

Latest posts

Back