new member from SF bay area, California

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys- new to the board-
im 44, father of 5, grandfather of 2. grew up in the 80's in bmx freestyle era....first bike was a pieced together chrome bmx frame with red tires, grips, seat, brakes, and red/white checkered pads.
i moved on to a GT pro freestyle tour team model in 1987 that i paid for with lawn mowing. I built it one piece at a time from frame up.
ever since then i have been on two wheels in some capacity or another. The last 20 years its been either my Schwinn beach cruiser or Bianchi Pista w/coaster brake that i custom built and powder coated creme. I had also bought a 26" GT performer two years ago.
Now my current bike is a homemade "klunker" of sorts.
I bought a "Madwagon" Hermosa beach cruiser off Nextdoor for $50.
I'll post pics of it in another thread-
here are pics of my last ten years bikes and one from 1987 that started it all...hope i can contribute to the forum!

230D77B6-6830-4737-B358-CB3EA90F7F56.jpeg
8AC6E16F-EF03-4954-9474-56DFA5DDD076.png
4C1F2754-4E1A-46A2-89D0-CC1C0D390D5D.png
DA19CF0E-C43C-4F50-B1CE-1C2539CD57E4.jpeg
A3A9674D-AE39-42C0-B147-DA539810A4B4.jpeg
A7013856-87B6-433E-85AF-9BDEA7DEF073.jpeg
EBFDFD81-735B-4F6D-B215-90C258100994.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the party. Sounds like you will fit right in!

Loving the pics. Man I coveted those flying wdege bars back in the 80's. I wanted them so bad for my Kuwahara

Welcome to the best custom vintage rat rod bike site on the internets!

I dig your 'current ride'. Nice build. One hint on photo uploads. You can upload directly from your desktop or phone by using the Attach Files button below. No need for a alternative server like Imageshack. Once uploaded, click on the 'Full image' tab to post them in full size.

Our best event of the year, the Rat Rod Bikes Summer Build Off starts this Friday, May 1 ! Be a great way to integrate with the gang here on RRB.

RaT oN~!

Dig that Pista build.

Stock Bianchi's seem to be dime-a-dozen in CA since 2005 or so.

Are many people rolling on Broaklands from Montano Velo still in the East Bay?

View attachment 117772

thanks man! I got that pista around 2006 off craigslist as just a chrome frame and fork. then i had the frame 3/4 powder coated "creme" color. the vintage Bianchi road bike decals i ran came from a guy in Australia who was making incredible repros at the time. it is truly a one off. the wheels were custom built too.
The bars were made my an old japanese frame builder in Berkely called Jitensha Studio.
i finally wound up selling it for $800 and regret it.

im not sure about the other stuff you asked about though- i dont even know what that is

hey guys- new to the board-
im 44, father of 5, grandfather of 2. grew up in the 80's in bmx freestyle era....first bike was a pieced together chrome bmx frame with red tires, grips, seat, brakes, and red/white checkered pads.
i moved on to a GT pro freestyle tour team model in 1987 that i paid for with lawn mowing. I built it one piece at a time from frame up.
ever since then i have been on two wheels in some capacity or another. The last 20 years its been either my Schwinn beach cruiser or Bianchi Pista w/coaster brake that i custom built and powder coated creme. I had also bought a 26" GT performer two years ago.
Now my current bike is a homemade "klunker" of sorts.
I bought a "Madwagon" Hermosa beach cruiser off Nextdoor for $50.
I'll post pics of it in another thread-
here are pics of my last ten years bikes and one from 1987 that started it all...hope i can contribute to the forum!

my current set of wheels... my 40-something klunker

my bianchi pista build

Welcome to your other family. Looking forward to seeing the pics of your Hermosa Beach cruiser project....I was a Hermosa Beach cruiser back in the 70’s ...cruising on my bike with my surfboard to Hermosa Pier! Good old days.

Latest posts

Back