New project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this bike on Craigslist...$100 later and it's mine. Just finished sanding it down (wet sanding too!)...waiting for parts to come in!
tehugape.jpg

ryby5usa.jpg

qususyzu.jpg

be5u8ebu.jpg

Rey's pinche iPhone

Sweet deal for a Franklin!!!!!

Going with a dark primered gray...got it sanded down and ready to go. Got all my parts in just need to finish up the paint...welded on a kickstand plate to complete the job!!
aqaqe5aj.jpg
e3avenad.jpg

umejeheq.jpg

vy9yjyna.jpg

Rey's pinche iPhone

kustomkulturebabe said:
Wow what a great find for cheap! What are your paint scheme plans?

Going with a dark primer gray frame...flat black fender with red accents and pin striping. I posted the wheels...red rim with black spokes....

Rey's pinche iPhone

Endlesschain said:
lookin good from your pinche iphone ese,how you gona roll wid this

Going greaser / low rider style!! Bent front springer to get it low!! I'll be posting pics soon!!

Rey's pinche iPhone

Henry morgan said:
you get it any lower .. your dragging pedals.. 8)
I was pedal scrapin when I was 7 or 8 and thats the last time I scrapped,think my "in the weeds" project is gona scrap heaps,ain't gona need a stand on it I just use the pedals,maybe i will bolt on some titanium strips to the pedals for the spark as i roll around the barrio

rmendez said:
Endlesschain said:

Going greaser / low rider style!! Bent front springer to get it low!! I'll be posting pics soon!!

Rey's pinche iPhone
cool bro,I dig the low scene and have a couple of mild builds but not into the over the top show stuff so going through la rata/60's look for something differant,i posted a 70s chopper in the fresh finds forum but will move it to the build section soon as i decided to sign write and do fat pinstripes,coming up pretty coolfor a bike i didnt really want in one piece

rmendez said:
kustomkulturebabe said:

Going with a dark primer gray frame...flat black fender with red accents and pin striping. I posted the wheels...red rim with black spokes....

Ohh nice sounds like its gonna look sweet!

Endlesschain said:
rmendez said:
Endlesschain said:

Rey's pinche iPhone
cool bro,I dig the low scene and have a couple of mild builds but not into the over the top show stuff so going through la rata/60's look for something differant,i posted a 70s chopper in the fresh finds forum but will move it to the build section soon as i decided to sign write and do fat pinstripes,coming up pretty coolfor a bike i didnt really want in one piece
Ya I'm with you on the full on show bikes with the trailer 15 mirrors and the stereo blaring...I enjoy riding my bikes and creating my own style. Not too over the top but just enough to get some thumbs up at the beach!

Rey's pinche iPhone

kustomkulturebabe said:
rmendez said:
kustomkulturebabe said:

Ohh nice sounds like its gonna look sweet!
Thank you!! Gettin ready to hit it again with another coat...
y8a8eqy5.jpg

Rey's pinche iPhone

Endlesschain said:
can't wait to see this rollin
I'm thinking by tomorrow you'll see it all put together. Only part I'm concerned about is the chain....never put one together on a stretch cruiser.

Rey's pinche iPhone

Both rides down for the night...just finished putting the project bike together! Just need a little air in the tires and I'll take her for a spin tomorrow! Had fun putting it together and thank you all for the positive input!! Better pictures tomorrow....
y5apyreq.jpg
7y9ybaju.jpg

Rey's pinche iPhone

Very good looking build, turned out real nice. 8)

And that is a wicked bike in the background....as is the 'Pala! 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back