~~~~NEW SITE~~~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great...keep up the great work!! Soon you'll need some Moderators....hint hint! Good Job!!

Dear Steve,THANKS FOR MAKING THIS BAD BLEEP WEBSITE! This is the best! i love the way it looks. Only thing i dont like is the white background where u post.. Too bright, BUT I LOVE IT!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!

...., this is sweet as. I love it.

Is there any chance of getting some pinstriping put up the sides of the forum. there are grey stars and some lines there now, but a bit of stiping would be lovely, I'm sure WOLF can help out.....

And the bit where while i was typing this - rickster made a post - it asked me if I would like to review what i'm posting (thats this bit now) befor it goes up - incase me and rick say the same things!!!

awsome

WHAT THE H..........HAPPENED New shiney things make me Nervous, its why I like old things[comfy].......But I'll get used too IT :shock: :!: ....Its a little bright for me but then again I'm on the outside lookin' In..
Stop correctin me spellin :x :x :x :mrgreen: Youre new set up keeps trying to correct me uurrrrrgggggg
Other wise, very nice :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: [wow thats four green men]

Not so sure about the new site yet either. I fear change. Looks like alot of peoples avatars got slaughtered. I just went back in and re-uploaded mine once I figured out how. :shock:

Thanks guys for the comments...positive or negative. :wink:

Consider it phase one of the upgrade. There are still some things that I need to work out like colors, icons, etc. Most of the credit needs to go to my buddy Joe up in Wisconsin. He has spent waaaay too many hours on the back end of this forum.

We essentially took an existing forum template and hacked it up to get it close to what I wanted. There may be some bugs so please PM me if you see any. In the near future I will be implementing banner advertising at the top of the forum (gray area). Don't worry...it will be bike related.

Also keep in mind that I do this for grins...sort of a fun hobby thing. In other words, don't take it too serious. :mrgreen:

Thanks again to everybody for making the site fun!

Steve

A couple of things to note:

1. Some avatars did get hosed...sorry for that.
2. Images must be no wider than 800 pixels to show up in the post area.

There are mucho settings in the upgraded software so I'll be learning as I go. :?

The new layout looks pretty cool so far, and as a "newbie" let me say Thank You for having this site. I know it's got to be like having a second job just keeping up with it, and I definitely appreciate it.
Pete

Like the new site.....hate scrolling back and forth!Any way you could change that! Thanks for all the hard work!L8 EM

Steve it looks good. I changed up my Avatar and even remembered my password. As a forum moderator/designer I know what you've gone through to do this. Keep up the great work. I using a Mac with OSX everything looks fine so far.

Wait till you hit 2000 members like ScootDawg. You will go nuts keeping the friendly atmosphere! We now have 8 moderators just to keep up with it! I come here to refresh my spirit... :D

Looks good Steve, good job.

It'll take some getting used to, some little things to notice.

I too have to scroll back and forth a little bit, but only like 1 inch or so, not sure why, 15.4" widescreen laptop running 1024x768...

The only thing I don't like that the 2.x versions had worked out betteris this: When viewing "New Posts since Last Visit" on 2.x, the message name (link) and the pages within the message where all in one single row. I ctrl-click to open in new tabs (ie, I load all of the new messages in tabs by simply scrolling down and clicking each last page or message title). Now, with 3.x the page numbers are to the right of the message titles, so I have to scroll back and forth... kind of a bummer. oh, not you design there, I know this.

Anyway, good luck with the continuing work, there is so much involved in running a decent and decently modified forum!

Latest posts

Back