New Southern Chick

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! :D

I'm new to the site although I've lurked a bit from time to time. I've scored three old muscle bikes and I'm hoping to get educated! I've got a Ross Polobike, a Murray High Jinks and a sweet little Royce Union. I know they're not the upper crust, but I love their looks and I've already been tooling around on the Ross. I just need to start cleaning them up! I'll post pics as soon as I get them up online! Nice to meet everybody!

And here's pics of what I have to get started on!

Blue girl's Royce Union

RoyceUnion1.jpg

Murray High Jinks

MurrayHighJinks1.jpg

Ross Polobike

Ross2.jpg

I also got these lights. Anybody know how they mount or any info on them? Not even sure if the big light is a bike light. No legible identifying marks.

lights.jpg

Welcome!
Thats a nice start to what will likely become an overwhelming addiction.
I could be wrong on the lights but they look like boat lights.

highship said:
Welcome!
Thats a nice start to what will likely become an overwhelming addiction.
I could be wrong on the lights but they look like boat lights.

Thank you!!

Well that's all I need. One more addiction with wheels. :lol:

I found the bullet light - Delta Rocket light. Seen mounted as headlight, taillight, fender light and even mounted as duals. But like you said, the larger one may still be a headlight or fog light for a boat or some other vehicle. BUT..if I can find a good battery casing, it will become a handlebar mounted amber headlight. Be kinda sweet on the gold Ross. 8)

Got any tips for removing surface rust without removing or damaging the original paint any more? I wondered about light scrubbing with steel wool. :?:

Welcome to the forums! :D To clean some rust off the paint try WD-40 :wink:
OutlawAlice said:
Got any tips for removing surface rust without removing or damaging the original paint any more?

Hiya everybody! :mrgreen:

I'm in Greer, South Carolina. Glad to be in the crusty area. I like my vehicles still showing their personality. :D

WD-40, huh? I'm gonna do that! Man, if I'd bought stock in that company some years back....

I'll be cleaning them up and reposting pics. Hubby is currently trying to talk me out of the Ross. Nope. :wink:

they all can b e top shelf if you build them to be heck Ilike the lines of all 3 of them

Thank ya! Thank ya! I've been slack and haven't posted, but as I was warned, my collection has grown. :lol:

I now have six bikes and now my hubby is feeling the fever. :mrgreen:

Ross I have posted here.

Murray High Jinx 20"

Girl's 20" Royce Union

Unidentified as yet blue girl's 20"

Girl's 26" Huffy cruiser (model unidentified)

Girl's Schwinn Stingray Lil Chik (scored today)

Hubby snagged himself a 26" Monark El Camino in excellent shape!

where yall at southern chic I'm in Ocilla Ga. dont know if you've ever heard of it

Here are some updated pics. I added a crusty headlight to my crusty Ross. I have another shiny, near mint Royce headlight for my Lil Chik, but I've been unable to find a bracket.

My Ross (pre-headlight) and my Lil Chik.

bikes_1.jpg

My Ross after installing the headlight.

bikes_3.jpg

Close up of said crusty light.

bikes_4.jpg

This is my Royce Union. I'm thinking blue/silver striped glitter banana seat?

bikes_5.jpg

Any my Murray High Jinks. I swear I rarely ever see these. I'm thinking solid red tires. And red pedals.

bikes_7.jpg

Latest posts

Back