New start.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow builders, as some of you might know my house was destroyed in a fire last week..... Everybody is in good health. Thank god!
There were 2 real casualties. First our loved cat. May she rest in peace. Only 6 months old :(.
Second...... Pleine Lune died!

The before pic:

pleinelune_final_002.jpg

The after pic:

p1020951.jpg

I want to restore her..... Anybody any ideas what I should do? Rebuild her the same as before or something else???
I have to straighten the frame because the fire made it tork a little....

Wow :shock:

So sorry to hear about the fire...your cat and the bike!

Thankfully nobody was hurt.

I say you go with a resurrection theme...but hey, I'm partial to that concept. :wink:

Sorry to hear about your loss. That bike is one of my favorites. With that said I think resurrection. If you make any changes they should be subtle. Man, now I'm bummed first Lou leaves the show Muscle car and then Boyd passes away and now I find out that one of my favorite customs has been in a fire. :(

sorry all that had to happen to you, definitely could have been worse though, glad to hear no one was hurt.

the bike looks like it can be brought back and now its another project, i'm sure you will impress us with it again :D

I'm glad to hear you and your family are safe. Poor cat :(
If the frame is restorable I would say to rebuild back to what it was. It looked amazing :wink:

Hey basman33 Sorry to hear that. I know where you are coming from.My house caught on fire about 8 months ago.I can not tell you how it feels seeing firemen crashing into your home.I am very thankful for them though.My brother is a fireman,& I knew they were just doing their job.It was hard to go in after & see my toy collection on the floor in mud.My house did burn to the ground,but it was screwed.I am back to normal now.I know I was not supposed to be doing this,but I ran back in for some stuff I was not going to loose.It is just hard to tell someone that has not been through it.I would redo the bike all the way,but you should put some reference to the fire into it. Let me know if I can help with some parts.

You and yours hopefully survived ( may your cat R.I.P.) one of lifes worst experiences. I hope to never have that happen, but I know it can happen to anybody. Around here fire and tornados are the worst that could happen to your home, I don't want either.
As far as that beautiful yellow bike, you got pictures, its history, rebuild it as a rat bike, fat black tires and leave the fires patina, because theres a story there, a life experience, tell about it with your bike.
Hope recovery from the fire goes quickly.
Dangerous Dan

dangratsdan said:
You and yours hopefully survived ( may your cat R.I.P.) one of lifes worst experiences. I hope to never have that happen, but I know it can happen to anybody. Around here fire and tornados are the worst that could happen to your home, I don't want either.
As far as that beautiful yellow bike, you got pictures, its history, rebuild it as a rat bike, fat black tires and leave the fires patina, because theres a story there, a life experience, tell about it with your bike.
Hope recovery from the fire goes quickly.
Dangerous Dan
I was thinking the exact same thing

Good thing you guys got out alive(so sorry about the cat)

and one question...i see the spokes/rims melted and the hubs were left...is this because of the type of metal

As much as that yellow bike was a beautiful bike, it now has a story. That story should be told, I think you should staighten it, clear it, and begin rebuilding it. We all have stories about our bikes, this is yours. While it is tragic and life altering when somethings like this happens, we should look for the positives in it and celebrate them. Re-name it after your cat in her rememberance.

Lefty

Sorry to hear about your tragedy, glad everyone is okay............You my friend are the number ONE (#1) RAT ROD BIKER on this site. The loss was just last week, and you're planning the rebuild already! That is a "hard core" bicycle lover! You are NUMBER ONE in my book!..........Do the bike over, exactly the way it was, maybe leave the fork "BURNT".

sorry to hear about your cat...luckily everybodies alright. that bike is one of my favourites...love the look
and the simple lines that make it work so well. i'd build it the way it was, it's too much of a nice bike to
be changed.

I say leave it the way it is.....Straigten that frame and go for it. It is now a time line in your life with a story behind it. Although this is a tragic one it will never be forgotten and would be very cool to do it in memory of your feline family member and should also take on the cats name!!! Hope all is well....And much strength to you with starting over!!!

whoa, that bike was my wallpaper for a good long while !!! but i agree, use what ya can in shape its currently in.

Latest posts

Back