Newbie from Massachusetts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. I've really been enjoying seeing all of the amazing builds posted in this forum. I haven't really been into bikes long (haven't even riden in 10yrs) but I've been really inspired by what people are building here. I'm planning on doing a build myself even though I have 0 experience, but I"m looking forward to learning along the way.

I'm planning on going to some yard sales etc to find an old cruiser frame to strip and repaint and start from there. Hopefully if all goes well, I'll be posting pics so you all can watch me fumble along the way.

Anyhow I'm so glad I've found this website, even if I do spend way too much time on here. I'm totally addicted. I can't wait to get started on my first build, but I have to find a starting point first. Thanks to all of you that posted pics of your builds, you guys got mad skills.

Welcome! Fear not I am you but three weeks along. You will find the bikes often free, and you will build your own. And then another, and another..LOL

Glad another New Englander is here.

Yes, before you know it you will be trying to figure out how to justify "just one more." :wink:

Glad to have ya!

Welcome! I understand the addiction! Just ask my wife! LOL! L8 EM

Hola Brewdude,
Welcome to the Rat Race from one new guy to another. I see you're a homebrewer as well. What's your favorite style to brew? I just kegged 10 gallons of an American IPA, dry-hopped each 5 gallon keg differently. One with 1.5oz. ammarillo and the other with 1.5oz. of Simcoe. Should be mighty taisty.........
Take care,
Ron

Hey Ron, I Love the IPA's. Simcoe hops are currently my favorite. Well.. I like the columbus too. I had a beer while I was on vacation in SF California a year ago that had all Simcoe hops and I was hooked. Right now I've got an IPA on tap with magnum and amarillo hops, and a koelsch for a nice summer time brew. Definitely a hop head though. Good to know that there's some fellow homebrewers on here too. Maybe at some point I need to send some beer out to you. I'm always interested in feedback. I suppose this is all off topic, but beer and bikes are all good.

welcome. your avatar is HILARIOUS...

howdy neighbor

just stumbled across the post, i recently moved back to mass, ( northshore ).

Big Fan of Beer and rats. ( bikes can't afford anything else) just stumbled across a great IPA - longhammer by redhook 6.5 rocket fuel

if i see some guy trying to outbid yard sale find i can only assume it will be you.

-latah

Cool dude. I'm a big fan of the Red hook! If you've never been to the brewery up in Portsmouth, you should check it out. I just brewed and IPA today that should hopefully be in the 6-7% range. Lately I've been feeling like I should drink less, so I've just been making stronger beers to compensate.

Welcome from down south (CT)

Welcome Brewdude!

You've found the right place to kick back, have a beer and talk bikes. This is a great site and resource for people building, buying, selling, customizing, or anytihng bike related.

Good to see more folks from our area too. If you're interested, I want to invite you (and all Ratrodders) to our Get On Your Bikes and Ride! in New London CT.

Check out the page for the ride:

http://www.bareiss.net/nlccbc.html

logonlcb2.jpg

Take care, maybe we'll meet at the ride or another event one of these days.

--=={{Rob}}==--

Latest posts

Back