newbie here from columbia, sc

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well by girlfriend and i want to get bikes for carshows mainly for transportion aound the events. she likes shine new things do she looing at a blue beach crusier with baskets. me i have a more ratrod feel. im looking for a straight rod balloon frame with a springer with a striped down bobber look. flat black color may enter it in bike contests. i know the look i want i just havent played with bike in 25 years i will be 40 this year. mainly played with bmx stuff from the 80s. thanks

Welcome to RRB from down the road in Savannah

Not sure what size headset that Huffy has. Are you talking about an original Monark springer or a repop. Also I am not sure if you would be able to run 29" wheels in a 26" springer.

As long as the headtube is 5.5" or less then it looks like you could use that springer. If the headtube is 1-1/8 you would just need to use the adapters at the bottom of that page. They say that fork will work with the 29" wheels.

i picked up 3 bikes today for 35 bucks. 1 huffy womens 10 speed crusier,1 mens murray crusier. and a little radio flyer trike for the grandson. so im going to tear the 2 up and make one for the old lady and clean the radio flyer trike up for the grandson.

well the huffy i was looking at was a discontinued model and they are out out of stock in the black the new model is a gray. so i have decided to get this now.genesis onex 29. i have seen a few of these done up.

Latest posts

Back